09 | cutie pie

C H A P T E R 0 9

Another week passed by and my friendship with the two had grown. Most of the time Drake would brood in the corner as me and Conner would talk. But through Drake was blunt, he was also immensely kind and pretty funny. He was pretty annoying but he mostly stayed quiet.

Conner was so enthusiastic about learning it was freaky; sometimes I wondered if he was much more intelligent than my brother. If he wasn't gay I would probably would have fell for his charms. I mean who wouldn't? Just thinking about how nice he is and innocent and overall a great person, I hoped he found the right guy for him.

The bell rang signalling the next lesson: gym. I actually didn't hate gym unlike popular belief that girls with more than 150 lb under my belt. I actually enjoyed playing a few of the games but I hate the shaming or the looks I get for my many curves which is why I wear baggy clothing.

I was late. Later than usual. I hated the word and hated being tardy even more. It wasn't the thought of detention, I just didn't like coming into class late and receiving unwanted attention as people stare at you. I already had enough after the stunt I pulled.

The reason that I was late was all Tyler's fault who forgot to wake me up and took the car leaving me have to face my monster of a mother who I had to wake up from her slumber. Sometimes he can be an utter jerk. I cringed remembering the screaming match I faced.

Shaking my head, I began my assault on the ground as my trainers hit it forcefully as I headed for the gym when I ran into something.

"Shit." I cursed loudly as I lost my balance. Strong arms snaked around my waist and I placed mine on this person's chest. Not just anyone's chest. I froze with a 'thank you' lodged uncomfortably in my throat, and I slowly turned a beet root. I looked up through my lashes at Conner. He looked back concerned and said, "Are you okay?"

Conner helped me up and I wished I could stay in his embrace for a little longer. Dusting myself of to slow down my heartbeat I replied with a breathless, "Yeah, thanks Conner."

Drake popped up behind me, "I've always wanted to barge into a moment." His eyebrows were raised in arrogance and I just looked at him confused while Conner began to laugh.

Drake's smirk grew more evil if that was possible as his eyes glinted maliciously, "You know, if you wanted to make me jealous to make me like you, you could've just asked. I'm free and ready to mingle."

His smirk now morphed into a smile as he looked at my horrified face as it turned different shades of red. But what surprised me most was that I burst out laughing at him with Conner joining in too and soon Drake did too.

Conner whipped out his phone and took a picture of Drake laughing hard, "You're good for him. This is the first time I've ever seen him show so much emotion."

I just laughed along to see Drake looked livid, "You'll be feeling hurt soon; physically and emotionally if you don't delete that picture." Conner ran away with Drake on his tale and I chuckled.

I entered the changing room to be hit by so much deodorant and perfume to be greeted by cold eyes of my girl classmates.  I was so embarrassed I tried to make myself as small as possible which meant I looked like I had a hunchback.

They ignored me giving me haughty looks but I ignored it. As I changed, I heard guffaws but I tried to ignore them so hard. I was strong to give them the benefit of the doubt to trust that they weren't laughing at my body.

I rolled my eyes because of their pettiness and bitchiness but also to stop the tears falling down. One thing was that I sadly was body conscious; I was comfortable in my skin but didn't mean I liked my lumps. Finally in the school clothes, I turned and left as quick as possible but before leaving the room I heard two words, "Fat bitch."

It hit me hard just remembering Atherton; maybe every high school was just the same where the weak are preyed on by the weaker. Maybe I shouldn't have moved schools at all and stayed there; at least they were sly enough to keep it behind closed doors while those girls were just-

Deciding to ignore them, I walked into the gym to see Conner and Drake. Conner waved me over while Drake rolled his eyes but she could see the small smile on his face. At least she had friends here in comparison to Atherton.

I sat down next to the them to see Conner beaming; it was so addicting that I shared a smile too. Conner suddenly looked sad (almost fake?), "He deleted the picture." He sighed for extra emphasis but winked at me as if we shared an inside joke.

Deciding not to give it away I played along, we talked a lot while the whole year came out in their PE kits. I didn't understand their system and Conner explained, "We don't have gym throughout the week, the school dedicates half a day which is 4 periods to PE." I nodded along as Drake got called by a teacher.

We watched as Drake walked away, his massive body towering over the teacher's. Conner suddenly dragged me in, "I sent the picture to you dummy."

"How did you even get my number?" I asked confused.

"Well, in our normal morning sessions, you were so engulfed in learning about geography that I was able to go through your stuff."  He scratched his head, "You have an awful amount of pads."

I looked shocked and turned a light shade of pink, "I-I."

The sound of a whistle saved me of a lifetime of embarrassment. Breathing out, a teacher spoke out confidently with a bulky body but lean and fit, "Today, it will be a split class; boys and girls."

I heard a collective groan but everyone listened to him, the boys cleared the gym and Conner waved a goodbye.

The girls turned from sweet, nice and friendly to devils. I rolled my eyes, this time just annoyed.

Let hell begin.

read ,vote, comment and fan :)

Immy x