20 | dinkle doodle

C H A P T E R 2 0

I came home to an empty house. My mother, father and brother had all disappeared to god knows where. I entered the cold steel kitchen to see a note stuck on the fridge reading, "Tami, we are visiting Grandmother who has fallen ill."

I get it. Grandmother on mother's side of the family; a relative I have never ever met. Now that I think of it, I haven't met anyone on that side of the family. Shrugging my shoulders I walked upstairs towards my room and started to study.

I woke up the next morning with a few cricks in my neck after sleeping on my desk. It was a saturday and the day I would get tutored by Conner after bunking several tuition lessons. Guess we had a lot to catch up on, socially and educationally.

Showering quickly and brushing my teeth and hair, I put on some random clothes that mosely mismatched but I didn't care. Walking downstairs humping my huge backpack, I was stopped by mother at the bottom of the stairs. In all her beauty, she looked like a fierce, aggressive women with her eyebrows raised and arms crossed surveying my clothes.

"Change." She said with so much force it shocked me.

"Why?" I answered.

"You embarrass me already for being you, so why embarrass me even more with your horrible taste in fashion." The insult rolled of her tongue so naturally and landed on me hurting not only my small ego but my self esteem. Even if I didn't want to think that I didn't care, I did and every daughter wants their family to be proud of them.

"I'm just going tutoring. It's not that deep if I wear this." I retorted.

"Well, unfortunately, you are not leaving until you looks at least a little decent." She said, not moving from her resolve, "What happened to all the nice clothes I bought you?"

My tone turned cold, "What? The clothes you gift me to ease your conscious of how shit of a mother you are. "

She gasped and I dropped my bag on the step and walked up towards my room dramatically closing the door. Opening the closet, I went to the untouched side of the closet with all of its tags.

I had to admit, some of the clothes did look nice but it just wasn't my style. Grabbing some new blue jeans, I paired them with a spring shirt and a leather jacket. Pulling my hair in a bun, I walked down the stairs and picked up my backpack, "Happy?"

Her eyebrows disappeared under her fringe, "See, much better."

Walking down the stairs, I didn't move with my own steely resolve and she didn't either so I lightly shoved her and I said, "I was going to apologise what I said to you last dinner but you deserve it and so much more. You have never acted like my mother so stop switching it on and off. It doesn't work like that."

Before walking out the door, I grabbed the car keys and drove towards Conner's house. I hate her. Okay, I didn't hate her; I never could because she is my mother but doesn't mean I don't have a strong dislike for her. Parking, I walked towards their nice modern but homey home. Knocking lightly it was opened aggressively by guess who?

Drake in all of his devilish glory. He ran his hand through his dark brown slightly curly hair and his slate grey  eyes turned dark like a tumultuous storm. I was frozen in place and he walked past me towards his car but it didn't stop me flinching away from him and he slightly winced at my reaction.

I turned and stared as he hastily got in his car and as he switched on the car he stared back and I turned away not being able to face him like the coward I am. I had allowed him to nearly hit me.

I entered the house to be hit with so many feels. I remembered just 3 weeks ago me, Drake and Conner had been playing hide and seek and other games after tutoring. I remembered as we sat there having our movie marathons; then it seemed like everything was perfect but slowly everything seemed to be unravelling such as Drake's tendency to hit people.

I timidly said, "Conner."

To hear the reply, "Upstairs!"

Climbing the stairs, I see Conner already sitting on the table with his work spread out on the table.

"Hey!" He said.

I waved and awkwardly stood at the doorway, "Well, what are you doing? Come sit down."

So I did just that and our tutoring began. After 5 hours of hardcore learning with Conner, I hard learnt so much and my head seemed to be bursting.

I gasped after understanding something Conner had patiently for like an hour, "I did it!"

I squeeled and waved my hands in the air dropping a few books in my exitement. He laughed deeply and I blushed bright red.

He stood up towering over me, he was a bit lanky, "A good way to end the tutoring lesson."

"Thank you." I said as we grabbed our stuff brushing hands and I inwardly fangirled.

"No thank you." He said with his blue eyes twinkling. Packing my bag, I humped it over my shoulder to see the time.

"Oh dinker doodles!" I shouted.

"Dinker doodles?" He laughed.

I stood embaressed and got a little shorter and my bag got bigfer. Lord shrink me, I had said that out loud.

"I'm so late." I said scared of the consequences. I had never broken curfew; actually now I think of it, I never went out cause I never left the house to break curfew.

"It's only 9pm."He said confused and finally caught on, "Your bitch of a mother."

I burned the colour of the sunset and just nodded. Us being friends for so long he basically knew most thingd about me but not everything.

He grabbed my arn and pulled me to him and smiled mischievously, "I'm guessing you've never broken any rules but today, you shall."

I began to protest and he said, "You're already late, you might as well be a bit later."

"So what do you have in mind?"I said curiously as he smirked and actually rubbed his hands together like a ture evil mastermind.

"We're going to have a teenage experience, we shall go to a party!" He raised his hand in the air dramatically.

"Are you crazy?" I said, was he out of his mind?

"No. Look, this is my serious face." I sighed, why could he not understand that I would never fit in such a scene.

I mumbled under my breath and sughed and said, " I don't want to go and even if I did, I'm not dressed for it."

"Look at yourself, you look more dressed up than you have your entire life." I looked down to see I was wearing the guilt clithes my mother had bought for me after forcing them on me.

I pleaded with my eyes, "I know you don't want to go but you need to experience being a teenager because when your in your 80s you'll regret not taking this offer."

He put his warm hand in mine and dragged me to his car, "I won't take no as my answer."

Realising he had made his decision, I sat down in his car and buckled myself in.

My oh My. I was now acting like a teenager. A smile covered my face like a disease, it was a long time since I've been a party.

"Don't frown." He said pointing his finger at my eyebrows to see them hugging.

Oh how wrong he was. I knew how I would regret this and for once in my life, I wished I had guessed wrong.

Normally, I would have went home but I would do anything for Conner, after all I loved him. Even if he could never love me back, I would still try.

Vote, Comment and follow
Immy xx