22 | whore

C H A P T E R 2 2

"What time do you call this?"My mother exclaimed.

I wanted to burst into tears but I couldn't show weakness in front of her. There was a lump in my throat and tears collecting in my eyes, I knew that if I spoke it would turn into a sob.

After Drake and me had ice cream, I tried not to cry the entire time and he knew just to stay quiet. You know, actions speak louder than words.

Hin just being there was nice, I didn't even know where Conner was and I'm glad he didn't see me at my lowest.

She began shouting at me and I didn't want to listen so I just watched her mouth move. Slowly, the tears seemed to be brimming now and I knew I couldn't hold it in.

So I just brushed past her up the stairs towards sanctuary but before I could my mother grabbed me, "First you give attitude this morning, then you come home at 3 am in the morning and now you disrespect me."

Her nails dug into my arms and I brushed her off violently and said, "Not today. Just leave me alone."

I thought it would come out strongly but instead it came out like I was sick of the world and broken.

-------
I woke up the next morning hating the world and replaying the scene with me on my knees.

I stubbed my toe, my hair was not agreeing with me and my eyes were blood red and my face had suddenly grown a lot of spots.

I hated myself for getting on my knees but I would never regret my decision. I would rather face that ridicule than the one I would if my secret was out.

Getting in the car after missing breakfast and closing it with frustration. Tyler judged me with his eyes and I knew at school there would be a hell of a lot more.

"You made mum worry all night."

"Stop trying to push the blame on me. It's not like you haven't gone somewhere and came home at 5am the next day so don't fucking judge me."

"I'm not judging but I heard everything last night."

"I think the whole neighbourhood could." I said dryly.

"Either way Tami, this isn't like you even I was worried about you."

"Whatever Tyler, you'll always be the better sibling so even if I hadn't done that they would you still be their favourite."I said pointedly.

"Mum loves you, it's just hard for her to show it."

I snorted and he said, "It's not like you make an effort."

What he was saying did have some truth, I had stopped caring at the age of ten when my mother didn't come to any of my recitals or play.

Even if I was a tree, I was a cute majestical tree. My mother would instead go to Tyler's whatever more prestige thing going on. Not once did she ever come to mine and I was the only child who had no arms to run into.

Shaking those toxic thoughts I changed the subject, "It's not everyday football training. When I went to Atherton, they didn't have that much training and it would happen in the afternoon. So..."

"They upped the training because we have big knockouts coming up." He grabbed the wheel, his knuckles turning white.

I knew Tyler was lying but why? We had reached my school to have my small hope that there was a spontaneous fire so I didn't have to face the judgemental student body. But the crumbling old dreary building was still standing.

Being late this morning meant that I came later than I normally would meaning that I had to pass groups of people socializing in the morning.

The fact that just yesterday I had got on my knees and apologised to my ex friend and queen bee for pushing her was the talk of the school. I would probably be so twisted to make it sound dirty but I already been through this before.

Eyes were on me all day with people not even trying to chat shit at a whisper.

Anyone would get tired of it as I sat in my lessons with people poking fun at me and chatting so much shit I thought there lips would drop.

Lunch came and it was the moment I dreaded the most with all of the student body crowded into the cafeteria.

I didn't even attempt to grab food and just sat down alone putting my head on the table and trying to block out the obnoxious laughter and chatter.

I felt someone sit across me and I raised my head a little to see it was Drake and dropped my head down. I felt another presence on my left and the person put their arm around me and I just curled into the person clearly being Conner.

He spoke with his chest vibrating into my ear, "Well your first teenage experience went shit."

I half choked half whispered, "I've been to parties at Atherton and they were way worse."

"If I was there I would-" He struggled to overcome his anger.

I replied, "It's okay. It's not your fault, what happened happened."

He stroked my hair and I just breathed in and out. If he was there, it would have been harder for me to get on my knees. If I could change anything, I wouldn't;  Luc had revealed that she knew my secret; the secret that I would do anything to keep even of it meant swallowing my pride.

We sat in silence and near the end of the lunch break, I needed to pee. Walking towards the exit, I fell to the floor face first as someone obviously left a foot in front of me.

What made it worse was to then have food thrown on my back. Standing up, I looked up to see Luc howling with laughter and others joining in. I looked down to let one pathetic tear fall on the floor mingled with blood dripping from my nose.

Drake walked forward and shouted, "What the fuck it your problem?"

He was absolutely livid as his grey eyes turned a dark grey-almost black colour. The crowd and Luc stopped laughing know they had awoken the beast but Luc kept poking the stick.

Looking at Drake, he had the same face he would when he was about to hit me but this time it was more wild and uncontrolled. I was worried for Luc who right now seemed to be aggravating Drake even more like she was poking the angry bear with a bigger stick.

"This is the type of treatment a whore like her deserves." Drake raised his hand and Luc flinched slightly but regained her confidence. 

"Put a leash on your dog otherwise you don't want me to say it. Do you?" She taunted.

I shaked my head and tried to pull him away and he roared, "No."

I called Conner's name and he looked just as livid and actually debated whether he should stop Drake in the first place.

I said, "Drake! Please Drake, don't do this."

"She insulted you, I don't give a fuck."

"Well neither do I but please don't hit her. She isn't worth it."I begged.

He slowly raised his arm down and walked off with huge lunges and pulled me off with him. The crowd parted shocked at the scene that had just prevailed.

We walked for awhile until we were at an empty corridoor and he shouted, "What's so bad that you would allow her to humiliate and bully you."

The bell rang and I answered,"You're not the only one with secrets." before walking off towards another dreaded lesson.

Vote, Comment or Follow
Immy xx