14 | bae

C H A P T E R 1 4

It was now a weekend. I sat on the kitchen table eating quietly as Tyler and my mother spoke and my dad texted on his phone. I munched my food bored out of my mind.

Tyler announced, "Well I got to go."

"Where are you going?" My mother said her face balanced on her perfectly manicured hand.

"Out with the football team. Couch said we have to work on teamwork before we face the big teams." Mother nodded, her face visibly falling at losing her favourite child.

He stood up grabbed his keys and left the room and the house echoed his depart ion which was mourned by the cracking of the door closing. My parents switched so fast I got whiplash.

Now Tyler wasn't here, they didn't have to act like parents.

She tapped her sharp nails against the table, "Tami. You need to stop eating so much. I can physically see you gaining pounds." It took all my strength not to answer back; I guess Drake's lessons were paying off.

I kept munching on my food and father looked up from his phone, "Tami, we have wasted so much of our money to get you a tutor but you're too much of a dumb fuck. So why would these new tutoring lessons help? You'll still be stupid."

A held back a tear, I would not give them the pleasure that they saw me cry. It hurt like hell but I knew I was stronger than this. Intelligence isn't everything.

I remembered drake's second lesson, "Do not allow their words to hurt. Never believe them and never show you're affected by them. They're not worth your tears."

"Please excuse me." I said mechanically. I would not give them the satisfaction. They're horrible parents but I wouldn't stoop to that level.

I walked to my room and hid inside crying my eyes out. I wasn't strong enough yet.

It still hurt.

---------

School peeped it's ugly head and I was still depressed. I was taking my sweet time. I just felt like everything was so slow.  Drake babbled on next to me but I just ignored him.

He waved his hands in front of my face, "Are you alright?" I nodded and walked forward, "It's a monday morning,who wants to be in school?"I added.

"Well this is the perfect time to give you your next lesson."He stopped me in the middle of the crowded corridor but no-one argued with him.

After he explained the task I answered, "This is so stupid. I'm not going to do it. "

"I guess you fail this class then." He raised his arms and I shrugged, "You won't move from this spot either. I don't care if you have lessons." He smirked and raised his eyes defiantly and I just breathed out angrily.

I whispered the phrase but Drake raised his eyebrow. I said it a bit louder but Drake said, "Not loud enough."

"Why are we even doing this?"

"You need to stop giving a shit what other's think and do what you want."

Drake stared at me and grabbed my chin so I was forced to look into his green eyes, "Do it."

So I did it, "Drake is a sexy beast!" The corridor stopped moving and they just stared. I didn't even know I had those lungs to say that so loudly.

People knew best not to laugh because Drake stood there but they still looked weirded out at my comment.

I looked down letting my hair shield my face but Drake grabbed my chin, "Don't hide your pretty face baby doll. It's the truth and you know it." I nodded and I realised I had just agreed with him and grew bright red, "Finally you admit my sexiness."

I groaned as people stared at me, "Why did you make me do that?

He raised his hand with one finger up, "Firstly to get you to admit that you find this perfect specimen beautiful."

I rolled my eyes and he carried on, "But mostly to stop you being self conscious.  Your third lesson: stop giving a fuck what people think of you." I nodded my head; it was going to be hard. I already wanted to cower at the amount of looks I was receiving.

I inwardly sighed but I couldn't stop a smile infecting my face.

"Did I just hear what I thought I heard?"Conner came running down the corridor out of breath.

I nodded totally embarrassed, "He made me do it." I pointed accusingly at him

Conner swung his arm around my neck and whispered in my ear, "The next time he tries to blackmail you, bring up his virginity. "

I laughed hard and we walked outside. Lately we hadn't been sitting inside and instead we sat outside. we sat under our spot: the apple tree.

I layed on the ground and Conner moved my head towards his lap, I blushed bright red and looked up to see he was looking down at me. I smiled and he smiled back and it was the cutest smile ever.

"I can't believe I've been here for two months already."

"With these two months you've made my hell more bearable." His blue eyes widened as if thanking me too.

"With these two months, you've showed me friendship." I smiled back up just as grateful.

I held out my pinky and he curled his pinkie and we both smiled serenely.

Please remember to Vote Commemt or Follow
Immy  x