Alone Together (Gemini X Aquarius)

Here's the first one-shot, requested by Nightfall__

REWRITTEN AUGUST 17, 2017 (Originally Watery Eyes)

Gemini sighed and glanced down at his phone for what must have been the thousandth time. The screen glared back, nearly blinding as his eyes scrolled through his last texts with Aquarius once again.

Aquarius: OMG, you'll never believe this!

Gemini: Lol what is it

Aquarius: Me and Leo are together, FINALLY! He's having this huge party at his house, which is also HUGE, for me this Saturday! You should totally come

Gemini: Neat!

Groaning, he shut his phone off, tossing it carelessly onto the table. Neat, he had said. Thinking back on it, that was literally the worst thing he could've replied. Did people even still say that in the 21st century? No, they didn't. Or maybe, he was just overthinking the whole thing.

Was it bad that he was hopelessly in love with his best friend? Deep down, he knew that was probably not a good thing. No matter how many times it worked out in Aquarius' fan fictions, the odds of this being anything other than a disaster were slim.

After all, she wasn't the ragged tomboy she had been just a few years ago. Somewhere along the line, she had blown up into a fucking model, with some charm that he could never understand. And what was he? Just a troublemaker, a class clown. That was all. He was surprised they were still friends.

And tonight would be her party with Leo. He was a star baseball player as well as a swimmer on the school team, so he was strong but still lean. Tan like he spent every spare moment outside, and perfect blonde hair the same golden color as his eyes.

Even though Gemini hated him, he knew that Leo was a ten, or heck, maybe an eleven. There was no denying that. The only problem was his dirty laundry. That boy had a long list of girls he had dated, maybe a few guys too. But they never lasted more than a few weeks, and it ended up with the girls' heats shattered like glass.

And now here he was, sitting at home alone while she was out screwing with another guy. Gemini wished he was the kind of person that had the confidence to ask a girl out, but every time he tried, the words got stuck in his throat.

Suddenly his phone buzzed, jumping around excitement around the table. Reaching out, he noticed the screen reading; Aquarius. Smiling, he put the phone to his ear, waiting for her voice to come through.

Maybe she doesn't like him, maybe they fought, maybe they broke up... He knew that they had just gotten together, and nothing would've happened yet. Still, stupid thoughts filled his head, but he couldn't stop them all the same.

His trail of thoughts stopped as she began to talk.

"Gem! Where are you at? I miss you!" She exclaimed into the phone, and Gemini pulled it away to save his ears. Her vowels were slurred, her voice not quite right. Dread pitted in his stomach as he continued on.

"Are you still at Leo's?" He asked, worry lacing his voice. In the background, a loud beat and buzzing noise dominated the room. A couple people screamed, and Aquarius turned away to shout something inaudible. For a moment, he thought she was going to hand up on him.

"Yep, yep!" She giggled. Gemini had never heard her 'giggle' in her life. The cute girly sound didn't quite fit her, and even now he couldn't imagine her doing it. She must've been drunk off her ass to do something like that.