Cherry Blossoms (Taurus X Pisces)

Pisces,
Meet me in the park after school, under the cherry blossom tree
Sincerely Taurus Sauce

I grinned down at my friend's letter. The script was scrabbled on in his terrible handwriting, one of his signature things along with food. If there was food anywhere, Taurus had it. The way he blushed in that cutely embarrassed way whenever he ate everything, that's just one of the things I love about him.

Yeah, I like him. We haven't been friends for long, as he's a new kid, but we bonded quickly. And ever since we met I've really liked him as more than a friend. But sadly, that might forever stay only in my mind.

I sighed and shoved the note in my backpack, where it would probably vanish into who knows where. Along with my homework and a bunch of other crap.

I began walking towards the park, slightly nervous. My train of thoughts wen something like this; Oh crap does he like me omfg he likes me he is going to ask me out under the cherry tree ohmigod OMIGOD

The trail into the park was long and kind of cold with winds blowing through at light speed, tossing me around. Damn this is a crappy day to go to the park, I thought, but then my thoughts came back around to him. His smiling, childish face and his warm chocolate eyes...

And there I went again. The Sakura trees were shedding their light rose colored leaves all around me, making it feel like a dreamscape. But the dark, looming rain clouds kind of ruined that. I finally came to the biggest Sakura at the middle of the park, it's trunk generations old and its blossoms the biggest.

I grinned at the thought of when I had first come here. I had been scared and let my emotions fly everywhere. Most kids, especially the popular ones, considered me a crybaby, but Taurus realized I wasn't. And we were friends ever since.

This is what I thought about as I sat on the cold park bench, the cherry blossoms whirling around me, just like my thoughts. Just then something else fluttered down with the pink leaves. Something  heavier.

I jerked my head up to see an envelope hit the dirt path, sending up a cloud of dust. "What the..." I muttered and stooped over to pick it up. It was closed with a small heart-shaped sticker that was peeled a bit at the edges, like the cheap ones at school parties.

My name was scratched on in pen, in handwriting I couldn't help but recognize. I opened it carefully and slowly, as I hated rough edges. Once it was opened, a note written on notebook paper slid out. I unfolded it, and it contained two words.

Look up

"Taurus?" I whispered, looking around.

I jerked up my head, staring at the Sakura tree. A dark figure was situated on the branch, but poorly, because he then slipped off the branch with an audible, "Shit!" He tumbled to the ground awkwardly, and I blacked away.

I wanted to scream at the stranger, or at least until his chocolate eyes melted into mine. Damn. It was Taurus.

"Whoof!" He exclaimed, rubbing the back of his neck nervously. I frowned. What the hell was he doing in the tree? Being a heftier boy, he had never dared climb up the sakuras with me. Even though he claimed it was just because he would break the branches with his weight, I knew that he was afraid of heights.

"What was that?" I laughed, helping him up, "I thought you knew better than to go up there!" He grinned lopsidedly, and you resisted a giggle. Taurus was just naturally cute, he didn't even have to try. That was just one of the reasons I adored him.

"Oh um, I wanted to gi-give this to you." He blushed, scratching his neck sheepishly. With the other hand he produced a blue card- my favorite color!- and grinned happily.

"Okay..." I muttered, trailing off curiously as I opened the card. It wasn't just a cheap-o card you could find at the dollar store, but a homemade one. It was written in his messy handwriting, and said;

Dear Pisces,

Happy Birthday! (I actually remembered something, aren't you proud of me?)

I hoped I could get you a better present, but money won't allow. But here's a candle, make a wish!

Love, Taurus

I grinned happily, peeling off the paper candle he had crafted. Without a second thought I blew, and the top of the candle sailed away with the blossoms, riding on the sweet breeze.

"Did you make a wish?" He asked, his face still a deep shade of scarlet. I nodded, thinking of exactly what I wanted to say.

"Then what is it?" He yelped, before shutting his mouth and muttering, "Well, I mean, only if you want to tell me."

"There's only one thing I wish for right now," I laughed, putting a hand on his shoulder and bending down to reach his face, "It's you."

And with that, I pressed my lips to his, praying against a rejection. Not now, you thought furiously, not a rejection on my birthday.

He broke away, and I sat back, tears forming in my eyes. But he put a hand on your shoulder and whispered, "I love you too."