Headache (LeoXAriesXSagittarius)

-Aries POV-

There's no before for me. Just after. After the day. There is no looking back, no before. Just after.

As long as I keep repeating this it will be ok.

Right?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke to the warm smell of tea and a familiar ache in my head. The scent curled around my face like a pair of loving hands, caressing my headaches away like my mother. My mother...

I shook the past away and repeated the words I had come to live by; There's no before for me, just after. They rolled around in my head enough to drive a normal person to insanity. But I was anything but normal.

"Bad one?" Asked a accented voice, interrupting my thoughts. I nodded, and he muttered a curse word in Welsh. "The Londoners won't like that. His much should I ask them for, a few days?"

I shook my head, trying to drown out the searing pain growing in my temples. "No," I groaned, my voice straining to hide the pain I was experiencing. A few days off sounded like heaven, but the lead of the London house would have my head if I took off any more work days. "I've been an 'inconceivable young woman lately, so I must be more prompt or else!'" I finished mimicking the first lady's pompous voice.

"Well, you must be feeling a bit better if you're willing to do her accent again," The boy chuckled, and I forced opened my eyes to see him in this moment. I loved it when he laughed. It lit up his green, deerlike eyes and put a flush in his normally pale cheeks.

I flushed myself, looking away to awkwardly study my surroundings. The room fairly large and mostly bare, safe for a dusty bookshelf and a piano in the corner. A drab grey curtain curled in the breeze from the open window.

The brunette boy followed my gaze and got up with a start. "Here I'll close that for you." He said, grunting as he pushed down on the windowsill. No avail. He was rather scrawny, as most of us were because of poor serve rations to keep us skinny.

"Sagittarius, stop. I'll help yo-" I paused, doubling over as the pain in my head exploded. My vision turned red, and my heartbeat slowed to an unhealthy timing. Tmp...Tmp.....Tmp. My ears were ringing and all I heard was the slow beat of my heart.

And then it was gone as quick as it had come. My vision colored and my ears worked again, as if a switch had been pulled. I tumbled down to the floor in surprise.

Don't think. Nothing behind you, nothing behind you!

"What? What's not behind you!" Sagittarius was screaming, shaking my shoulders, and I realized I had been screeching the words. I took a breath, prayed I wasn't losing my mind, and looked back into his eyes.

I once wrote a poem about them, back when I was first off the streets. Now that I think about it, I might have been a little obsessed. But even now, his deep green eyes drew me in. No, I suppose simply green doesn't cut it. It's the color of grass on a summer day, the feeling of staring into the fathomless night air, with all the light of the stars in the sky.

"Aries?" His hand squeezed mine comfortingly, and I looked away from his eyes blushing. It was hopefully just me that noticed I held on a beat to long. He glanced back up at me. "Do you-"

The door creaked open mid-sentence, and we both stood up, stiff as toy soldiers out of habit. Any child raised without money had learned this from a rather young age, and I doubt any would be able to forget it. The long hours of back pain, the slaps when I was wrong...

My head began pulsing again, as if it were a blinking red light. A warm, tingling sensation came over me, and darkness hung at the edge of my vision. I cursed myself for thinking too much. If I was just a stupid girl, none of this would've happened...