King of Clubs (CancerXScorpioXPisces)

The news reporter stood in front of the casino, face solemn. "After the new law was passed, within twenty-four hours over five hundred people have been reported missing after visiting casinos in Vegas. As I'm sure you all know, the law states that people may now legally bet their lives in place of money. If they lose, the casino owns them. That is as much of the story as we have so far, back to you, Sagittarius."

Cancer flicked her eyes off the television, her fake nails digging into the leather hotel couch. She had known something was fishy when Scorpio had left the house in a rush, saying he was going to Casino Vauge. He was not a gambler. He had no luck whatsoever. He knew better.

When he had disappeared two weeks ago, after a minor argument over how to spend their money, Cancer hadn't thought much of it. It was typical of him to have stomp out, promising to return once she accepted he was right. In the past it had always meant he would come running back tomorrow, and grumble through the day after.

So Cancer hadn't said anything when he went out the door. It killed her a little every time he did that, but she never spoke up. He would come back, they would make up. She didn't want to be the one to ruin it.

If she had said something, would this still had happened?

In the back of her head, she knew it didn't matter. She was already here in Casino Vauge, against her better judgement, clicking her red heels together. In a tight black skirt, crop top and overdone makeup, she fit right in with the various hopefuls around her.

Stomach in knots, she tapped up to the front desk. A pretty Asian girl, definitely not above the age 18 law, spun around to greet her, a movie-star smile on her face. Cancer bit her cheek, realizing the law probably no longer existed.

"Welcome to Casino Vauge! I'm Aquarius! How may I help you?" She grinned, snapping on a pair of wide frame glasses off the counter that just made her more attractive. Cancer huffed to herself, trying to think about what she needed to do and not how thin and lifeless her strawberry blonde hair probably looked.

"Do you need a table?" She continued, flicking on the computer before turning back to her, still looking flawless. Cancer cringed at her reflection in the girl's glasses, before answering.

"I need to find a missing person."

The hesitation that followed sent Cancer's spirits plummeting. Maybe this is hopeless... she thought, not for the first time. The girl turned to her, eyes at the ground.

"I'm sorry. I can't." She stated blankly, still avoiding her gaze. Cancer swallowed heavily, before reaching out and grabbing her hand. That caught the girl's attention.

"Please..." Cancer begged, feeling her eyes fill with tears, "I need to find a missing person, Aquarius. I can't leave until I have him here with me!" The blonde huffed at the end, pushing away the unwanted surge of emotion.

"I'm sorry." She repeated, this time meeting her eyes. She paused, scribbling a note on a package before slipping it, under her hand, across the counter. She pushed it under Cancer's, snapping sharply when she glanced down. "I can't help you. Move."

Cancer frowned, fumbling with the paper as she walked away. Once she was at a safe distance, she took a glance. In messy pen, it read;

Penthouse suite, he's in the bedroom

I didn't give this to you

Inside was a room card, colored gold. It took her a moment, but she realized what the attendant had given her. Cancer looked up to smile at the girl, but she was already busy with another customer. It was probably better this way. She walked over to the elevator, and took the first one up with a group of young people, squeezing in.