Shut Up (Capricorn X Gemini)

For poopnbananas , EmilyWinchester1979 and DJX_707

Ok, this one-shot is based of the world of BNHA, but for those of you who don't know it, about 80-90% of people are born with some form of superpower, or quirk, but it always has limitations. The ones without superpowers, or 'quirkless' are often bullied and seen as useless. Enjoy!

"Ah-Puh-ul." Gemini said, popping the p. "Apple." Capricorn studied her lips, only blushing slightly as he tried to form the same shapes with his own. Pursing his own mouth, he already knew how this would end up, but he attempted anyways.

"Ah-hul." He repeated, to some extent, grimacing when it came out wrong. He clicked his jaw, preparing to try again, but Gemini held up a slender hand.

He glanced up at her, shyly. Her white blonde hair was falling out of her loose ponytail at this point in the day, her swirling grey eyes tired with patient after patient. Capricorn couldn't blame her, the lessons exhausted him as much as they did her. They were much more stressful then the time they spent together outside. But still, she managed to turn up her lips when she caught him looking, as if all was well as he turned away, blushing.

The reason she worked these long hours was the only thing keeping her awake at this point.  Capricorn could remember back in middle school when she was small and meek, but worst of all, quirkless. That right there was a death sentence, a scream to be bullied and shoved around.

He remembered asking her (on paper, of course) back a few years ago why she wanted to be a med student, just after she had begun to work with him on speech. She had shrugged nonchalantly, but he could see the fire in her grey eyes as she said, "Just because I'm not superwoman doesn't mean I can't do anything. I'd rather work with what I have than weep about what I don't. So, here I am."

Capricorn blushed a little harder at the memory, remembering it was the day he realized he liked her, as a lover. That was five years ago. Now, both of them were twenty-four, and still neither had said a thing. He felt like he couldn't, as he wasn't a superhero or anything, assumed quirkless just like her. And even though she may say she didn't want a superhero, she would be lying.

Everyone wanted a superhero.

"I think that's enough for today." She said, her voice light as she smiled at him. But Capricorn already knew better. She was lying. "You did well today. I think you're improving!" Again, faking excitement. He couldn't look her in the eyes and nod, so he just nodded, heaving himself out of the chair to grab his 'mouth mask', as his mother had once referred to it.

She didn't talk much anymore.

Snapping it on to cover his lips, he felt safer that way. People wouldn't expect him to speak, assuming he was sick. No questions asked. He followed Gemini out the door, but split ways after a quick goodbye. They would see each other later that day, as she lived only a few doors down.

Walking down the tiled floor, he found comfort in the sound of his feet clapping against the floor. Easy, and repetitive, like his life should be. If only it weren't for his quirk.

Capricorn jumped in surprise as a scene flashed through his head, glass breaking on tile and a girl cutting herself, bleeding onto the floor. Not a few seconds later, the same thing happened in front of him, except this time he caught the girl, bringing her back to her feet gently, glass equipment still in hand.

"Ah, thank you." She said, but there was question in her voice. Capricorn hurried on before she could say another word. He wasn't in the mood to deal with any of that today. He was only in the hospital to see his mother and carry out her wishes. That was all he planned to do.