Cry Baby (Gemini X Aries)

Requested by gemxnx ~ sorry this took so long, hope it's good

REWRITTEN AUGUST 21, 2017 (Originally Hello. Goodbye.)

Gemini didn't watch the plane take off. There was no point, Aquarius wasn't coming back, and he knew it was better to start burning bridges sooner than later. Walking back down that crowded hallway lit the first match, and he refused to let it flicker out.

He wanted to forget her oh, so bad.

But he wanted her back all the same.

It wasn't Aquarius' fault, not completely. They were graduating high school, and everyone went their separate ways. A small part of him had held the hope that they could stay together, a long-distance relationship of sorts. However, being the realistic one, Aquarius had broken up with him, telling him that it was better they split before she left for college halfway around the country.

Gemini didn't remember the rest. A dozen shots of tequila that night had sure done the trick.

Thinking back on it, was he clingy? Gemini had never thought of himself that way. Was wanting someone to stay bad? Despairingly, he slid his phone out of his pocket and tried Aquarius' number. After a few rings, he hung up, groaning as he felt tears building behind his eyes.

"Shit, not here." Gemini muttered, trying to blink them off. But his throat was already closing up, the sobs beginning to wrack his body. Cursing under his breath, he walked over to the phone booth, trying to appear preoccupied with the white plaster wall.

To his luck, a dark, slim finger tapped on his shoulder, and he spun around, clenching his teeth. Cheeks still wet, he hoped whoever it was wouldn't comment.

"Excuse me sir, you left this back at the gate..." A young woman, no older than him stood there, his wallet held out in a manicured hand. Accented, he thought, noting that she didn't look like the average American. Dark eyes stared curiously at Gemini, studying or perhaps judging his current state. He guessed she was a flight attendant or at least an airport employee, based on her businesslike suit and pants, as well as a cap covering her short cut black hair. Plus, a gold nameplate sat on her chest, reading Aries.

Aries mouth turned into an 'O' as she continued. "Um, are you okay?" She asked, strange but intriguing accent showing again, her hair bobbing as she leaned down to comfort him. Gemini picked up his face, plastering on a weak smile.

"Define okay." He replied, trying and failing to casually lean against the wall. The end result was him nearly stumbling over his own feet. Stupid, stupid...

Her cheeks tinged pink before she whipped around, grabbing his wrist. "Just come with me." Aries said, providing no more explanation as she wound through the tight crowds of lingering people, waving goodbyes and welcomes or simply waiting for those to come. Gemini noticed that she didn't seem to have the politeness he would've expected from an attendant. It ended up more like, she pushed herself through the crowds and violently shoved anybody who didn't move their ass.

He felt the need to apologize when Aries crashed into an older man, probably giving him both a cracked back along with a heart attack. But before he could say a thing, they popped out of the crowds and into the boy's restroom.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Aries glanced around the tiled bathroom, a blush setting in on her cheeks for no other reason than this was the boy's room. She had never abided by those signs when she was younger, as all her friends had been boys. They always stayed together, and if that meant going to the bathroom together, they did it.