Monochrome (Leo X Aquarius)

For xXM30WXx , WafflesIce-cream and swarnersl ~
Soulmate AU where everyone sees in black and white until they learn the name of their Soulmate, after which they can see color.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Everyone had a soulmate. That's what the book had told them since day one, that there was always someone out there just for you. However, there are over seven billion people in the world, millions of miles away from each other. In reality, the odds of meeting your soulmate were less than .05%. Contrary to that fact, almost everyone that she had known claimed to have found their soulmate, and be able to see color. She was sure most of them were lying. Technically, there was no way for others to determine if a couple was soulmates, besides trust. And for Aquarius, that didn't mean much.

I hope they're somewhere good, away from here, Aquarius thought, shivering in her thin dress as she stood by the door, shaking the hand of each guest that came in, like her parents had directed. They were hoping her soulmate would be one of their rich guests, despite Aquarius' reasoning with them. However, they denied her, and instead set up a masquerade party that weekend.

For all she knew, her soulmate could be part of a Brazilian tribe, millions of miles away. Or maybe it was a she, and she was preparing to go to bed in China. There was less than a .000001% chance she would meet her soulmate at this party, she had calculated this morning.

But she still held that spark of hope in her all the same.

Sighing, she held out her already sore hand as another group of masked guests joined the masquerade party, shaking each of their hands mindlessly as she had for the past two hours. Everything hurt, from her aching feet in too tight heels to her styled hair, pulling back against her scalp. Aquarius needed a drink. Glancing at the distance from the doorway to the bar, she decided a glass or two wouldn't hurt.

She pushed between bodies, careful not to snag her beautiful blue dress, despite the fact she could easily replace it if needed. Technically, her family could replace thus whole room if it collapsed without a bat of an eye. That was why hundreds of guests came at their every beck and call, hoping to win their good side for a bit of cash.

Finally making it to the bar, she collapsed onto the nearest unoccupied stool and groaned. This was going to be a long night. Aquarius pulled at her blonde hair, pulling out the tight headpiece and placing it on the counter. 24 karat gold, she noted, placing it on the counter in front of her.

She really needed a drink.

"Excuse me, your best wine please?" Aquarius called to the bartender, who dropped what he was doing as he noticed who she was. With a nod, the older man scurried to the wine cooler in the back wall, taking out a white wine and pouring a glass.

He slid it out to her, and she caught it, slowly bringing it to her mouth. It smelled sweet almost, with something else underneath. Whatever. She drank it down anyways, downing it in one sip. Aquarius pretended not to notice the Bartender's raised brows, instead focusing on her empty glass, tracing a finger around the rim. She was about to ask for another when a voice cut her off.

"Another for the lady and me, please. On my tab."

He nodded and began to fill glasses as Aquarius turned to the boy next to her, who had a huge grin on his face. He looked her over, his hair messy but slicked back against his light skin. He wore a simple grey suit, assumingely matching with the bejeweled mask that covered his eyes. She wouldn't know, she could only see monochrome, like most of the guests here. Aquarius had forgotten that she had hers on too, supposed icy blue and lace with diamonds.