Chapter 25

Good morning everyone! I hope you enjoy this chapter, even if it's a little, teenst-weensy bit boring. It's pretty important.

Goodness glaciers(I will give a shoutout to anyone who knows where that comes from), I have gotten so much support from everyone lately! It's incredible! This chapter is dedicated to DevilsWalkAmongUs because she made the gorgeous banner on the side.

Shoutout to RainDropsofSilence for having the best(in my opinion) answer to last week's chapter question. Another shoutout to Babyxbliss for helping me out a little on some of the later chapters for this story. She's helped me a lot with figuring out Marilyn's complex personality.

Thanks for the 52 votes on the last chapter! I was looking at all my chapters of this story and each has nearly 50 votes or more! Woo hoo!

Chapter 25

In life, everyone have that moment we’ve imagined all our lives. Maybe yours was a first kiss or moving into your own place or getting a dog.

This was mine.

I had been such a hopeless romantic as a child and that had managed to stay with me all these years. As a woman nearing her thirties, I had begun to lose hope, but this brought all my dreams of a white wedding and a perfect family back.

                  I am just a small girl in a big world trying to find someone to love. And now I've found him.

 This time, I’d make sure everything went right. I wouldn’t mess up like my mother had, and Joe would be the perfect father for our children; two boys and one beautiful little girl.

And all it took to make my dream a reality was one word from me.

“Yes, yes of course I’ll marry you!” Tears began to form in my eyes.

Joe looked happy as could be as well. He got up from his kneeling position on the floor and kissed me on the lips. After a couple seconds he pulled away, grinning and blushing slightly.

He gazed into my eyes. “Let’s get married as soon as possible.”

“What do you mean?” I asked, my forehead creasing slightly.

“Let’s elope.”

His expression was so hopeful, so full of joy, that at that moment it didn’t matter that I had always wanted a big wedding. My goal in life had changed; all I wanted was to make Joe as happy as possible.

“Of course.” I agreed enthusiastically. “But I do want some friends there. Give me a little time to invite them?”

“Three weeks.” Joe decided. “We’ll get married a couple weeks after Christmas and New Year’s.”

The very first person I called in the morning was Jean. The phone rang only once before she answered.

“Hello?” She sounded a little tired.

“Jean? It’s Marilyn!” I could hardly contain my excitement.

“Oh, Marilyn, good morning! Why did you telephone?” I could hear her take a sip of something, probably tea. Jean wasn’t really a coffee type.

“I just wanted to thank you. You are such a wonderful friend.” I smiled, even though Jean obviously couldn’t see me.

“You’re welcome. But what exactly did I do?” She sounded uncertain.

“You spoke to Joe for me, remember?” I laughed. “Well last night he proposed! I’m getting married in three weeks!”

“Oh, right…of course. Congratulations.” There was a pause. “About that, I didn’t actually speak to Joe about what we talked about.”

“Oh.” I took in the information. “I guess that doesn’t matter now though. I’m still getting married!”

I invited Jean to the wedding, of course, but I didn’t tell her about seeing Bebe. Why would I? She’d probably be happy that Bebe’s marriage was on the rocks.

I sent a letter to Bebe inviting her to the wedding. I told her she could stay with me for the week before and help me prepare. I wasn’t sure the letter would reach her on time though; the mail was very unpredictable.

I busied myself that week with shopping for Christmas presents. The holiday was just around the corner and I was in a very giving mood. Joe and I had decided to celebrate Christmas with Jean and her new boyfriend, Stuart Cramer at Jean’s house. Joe had justified this by reasoning that reporters would make up scandalous rumors if we spent Christmas alone, just the two of us. Joe was very traditional so I didn’t protest. We’d have to wait until after our wedding to be alone.

Jean’s house looked the same as always; she hadn’t decorated it much except for a shabby Christmas tree in her living room. But even though the house was so dreary, champagne certainly cheered the place up. Of course I refrained from drinking, but nobody else did.

Stuart put on a record of Christmas music and pulled Jean up to dance around the living room with him. Normally Jean would have been too embarrassed to, but the champagne had fixed that problem.

I had monitored Joe’s drinking, remembering his baseball friends’ party, but he was still a little tipsy. He sat with me on the couch, draping his arm around me and sighing happily as we watched Jean and Stuart spin around the room.

It was a pleasant evening and we stayed late into the night. Joe drove me home afterwards, dropping me off at my apartment door and kissing me good night.

“When we’re married, you’ll move into my home. You like my house, don’t you?” He asked. He had sobered up quite a lot, although not entirely.

“Of course, dear.” I complied with a smile. “Good night and merry Christmas. I love you.”

“I love you too.” Joe left, whistling merrily as he strolled away. I went inside and shut the door behind me, humming a Christmas tune as I did so.

“I’m the luckiest girl in the world.” I concluded out loud as I made my way to bed. “I have the best fiancé, the best friends, the best career. What more could I possibly ask for?”

You could ask for your best friend’s marriage to be better. A little voice in the back of my head nagged but I pushed it aside. I didn’t want to think any unhappy thoughts. I didn’t want to think about how I had never actually seen a marriage in Hollywood actually work out, about how Joe enjoyed drinking a little too much for my liking, about how Bebe’s marriage was completely destroyed by alcohol, about how I knew absolutely nothing about Jean’s new boyfriend, about how I was behind on filming for my contract with Fox, about how I couldn’t bring myself to show up to film any of my movies on time, about how terrified I was to act and be judged for it, about-

No! I slapped my arm to break my train of thought. I’m happy, I repeated the thought over and over in my head. I’m marrying the man of my dreams; everything is going to work out for the best. I’m happy, I’m happy, I’m happy.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter question time...This question may sound simple but it's really not.

-What's going on with Marilyn?

School starts next week which means theater is starting soon which means I might be staying at school till 8 at night :O so updates will probably be on the weekends. I promise I'll update as regularly as possible though. And remember, every time you vote, it makes me feel bad for not updating and encourages me to write faster for you guys :P

Yours truly,

-Jay