Chapter 34

I had finals last week so I had to do projects which meant I didn't have time to upload, but here's the next chapter just a little late. Please don't forget to vote and comment to let me know what you think!

Chapter 34

            There was a note in my dressing room when I finished my performance. It was hidden in a bouquet of roses beside my vanity mirror.

Wait for me.

            A simple command, to be sure. And there was no doubt in my mind who had sent it. So he wanted to see me in my dressing room… that would shock any onlookers. Imagine seeing the President of the United States entering my private dressing room!

            I pulled my dress of with some difficulty-it was so close-fitted-and through on a plain white bathrobe. Sitting down on the sole armchair in the room, I lit a cigarette. Smoking would help calm my nerves; it usually did.

            I sighed heavily. This was taking longer than I had expected. What was taking him so long?

            A knock on my door startled me. I leapt up, brushing the hair out of my face and tossing my cigarette in an ashtray. Trying to appear calm, I opened the door, a teasing smile playing on my lips.

            But to my disappointment, it wasn't him. It was my acting coach, Paula.

            "Yes?" I asked, unable to keep the annoyance out of my voice.

            Paula looked a little taken aback but replied anyway, "I was wondering if you were going to the after-party tonight? We could share a cab."

            I checked the clock. 8:20. I had been waiting twenty long minutes already. "I might go later so go on ahead. Enjoy yourself." She nodded and left, but not without congratulating me on my performance first.

            I'd wait a little longer. I couldn't imagine anybody would have the audacity to stand me up.

            An entire hour later, I was finished. Had this been a joke to him? He thought I wasn't someone to be taken seriously? I furiously through my loose clothing into my bag. He had completely ruined my evening. I couldn't believe--

            A tap. There was a tap on the door. I stared in shock. And now the door was creaking open.

            "Miss Monroe?" It was him, he was here. He hadn't stood me up after all.

            "Mr. President." I breathed, my eyes still has wide as saucers. Was there ever a man as handsome as the one before me? Such dark eyes, soft hair, and that dimple brought out when he smiled, as he was now. I quickly blinked to gain back my composure. "I was beginning to think you wouldn't come."

            "You got my note, didn't you?"

            I nodded as I sat back down on my chair, crossing my legs. My bathrobe rode up a little but I didn’t care to fix it. "What did you want to speak to me about?"

            "I wanted to congratulate you on your performance tonight. It was…original, to say the least." He smirked at me. It was clear what he meant by original.

            "I like to be unique."

            "And what a unique woman you are." He walked closer to me. "I hate myself for not seeking out your company sooner."

            He was flirting with me. John F. Kennedy, the president, was flirting with me. I couldn't even think of what to say.

            "Better late than never!" I squeaked as he reached a hand out to touch my cheek. Relax Marilyn, relax. He's just a man; a beautiful specimen of man, certainly, but still just a man. A man who is the President of America, a man with a wife adored by the country. Then again, I was loved by people all around the world. "Mr. President…."

            " Call me John." He grinned before leaning forward and brushing his lips against mine. I gasped with surprise. What was he doing? What was I doing, I asked myself as I responded to his kiss. I wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled him closer, delighting in his touch. One of his hands was on the back of my head, the other one creeping dangerously close to the piece of fabric holding my robe closed. Had it been any other man, I'd have swatted his hand away. But I was far too distracted by his lips against mine to care.

            His fingers had just snuck beneath the fabric of my robe, resting against my upper thigh, when a voice came from the other side of the door.

            "Miss Monroe, the place is being locked up in five." It was enough to snap me out of my reverie. I pulled away from John and glanced at my face in the mirror. My face was flushed, my lips swollen.

            "You should go." I whispered, still panting slightly.

            He nodded, looking pleased with himself. "Can I have your number?"

            I nodded and scribbled it on the back of the note he had left me. How could I refuse him?

            He accepted the note and turned to leave. He turned his head on the way out, winking at me with a cheeky grin before shutting the door behind him.

            There was no way I could attend the after-party in this state. I was craving his touch again already, and he had only just left a minute ago. Shaking my head, I dug through my bag for my pills. They would calm me down; a cigarette wouldn't do for this sort of excitement.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Liked it? Let me know what you thought in the comments.