Chapter 1- Not Ready To Admit

Averi's P.O.V

"So what is it that Robin wants you to show me?" I ask as Raven leads me to the roof for some unknown reason.

She flips through a book, not even looking up. "He said that meditation might be able to help you keep your anger under control."

"Meditation?" I sneer. "I've ever heard of that kind of magic before."

"It's not magic." She corrects. "It's something you do to calm yourself and forget all worldly problems."

I roll my eyes. "Forgive me, I almost fell asleep while you were explaining that." I smiled cheekishly as she peeks over her book and gives me a death glare.

She opens the door to the roof and takes her sweet time walking through, so I just shove past her and open my wings to the cool air outside. I wanted to just soar through the breeze, getting away from these people and being alone for the first time in weeks.

Since the battle with Red X and when me and Raven finally buried the hatchet, days would pass where we would just lounge around doing nothing. I've been on earth for exactly 3 weeks, and only had a handful of battles.

"We have noticed that you're getting anxious being trapped inside, making you a bit crabby." Raven comments as I pace around the roof. "So I suggested to Robin that I show you my way of controlling my anger."

"Well excuse me for ruining your precious time." I growl. "But as you can already see, wild animals are not meant to be contained in small spaces, especially me."

"Yeah we really enjoyed that thieving spree you went on last week." She retorted.

I could help but laugh at that memory. I got so bored that I broke into each of the Titans rooms and stole one object that was important to them. I got Robin's utility belt, Raven's cloak, Starfire's hair brush, Cyborgs toolbox, and Beast Boy's game box, which was just a fun little challenge that made everybody flip their shit for about half an hour.

I see Raven lift up a few feet off the ground and just levitate in the air with her legs crossed it a knotted position. "Copy me." She instructs, setting her book down beside her.

I climb up onto the wall that lined the edge of the roof, and tried my best to replicate the strange sitting posture she was in. Her fingers were curled on her knees and she kept her eyes firmly closed, barely even moving. This was just gonna be a cupfull of laughter.

"Now just clear your mind." She breathes, her shoulders rising and falling as she relaxes her muscles. "Just forget everything that's happening around you."

I closed my eyes, letting myself get pulled into the darkness that awaited me in my head. I wasn't some crazy psycho person who had a head filled with thoughts of death and pain, but it wasn't the best place for me to go when I needed to calm down.

I heard Raven begin muttering some strange chant under her breath, and I open one eye to just stare at her from the side. "Azarath Metrion Zinthos." She repeated over and over again.

I tried to focus on how clam her voice sounded, how relaxed she somehow made herself within a matter of seconds, but soon the chant just became annoying. "This is the dumbest thing I've ever heard of." I mutter to myself, not even knowing Raven could hear me.

"Maybe if you tried it, you would think differently." Her eyes opened just a small bit to peek through at me. "Just relax your whole body, and let yourself get swept away into your mind."

After a second of hesitation, I slowly close my eyes and begin to steady my breath. My mind was a place that was unknown to me, not exactly what I would call a happy place, but I still attempted it just like she instructed.