Chapter Eight

Your POV

I began walking away from the manor as tears fell from my eyes.

"Look what we have here." I heard a man say. I felt my muscles tense, I then realized I was in an alley. I turned to see 2 men walking towards me. I took off running.

"Playing hard to get?" The other said laughing and they began chasing me. I turned the corner and there was another man right in front of me. I bumped into his chest and stumbled back. I turned to run to see the other men. The one behind me grabbed my arm and twisted it behind my back. I yelped in pain.

"Help me!" I shouted. "P-please!" I shouted again crying. The tallest man, who seemed to be their leader came up and stroked his hand down my face. His finger lingered on my lip and pulled on it. I bit down into his hand.

"You little bitch!" He shouted and slapped me hard across the face.

"Alastair!" I shouted.

"Look she's calling for help." One snickered. I watched as the man in front of me went to touch my chest. I clawed at his face digging into his skin, causing blood to seep out. He hissed and gripped his face stumbling back. One went to slap me when a hand stopped them.

"Greetings M'lady." Alastair said.

"Took you long enough." I said glaring at him. "Axe." I said holding out my hand. Alastair pulled out my f/c axe. I smiled evilly at the men and tossed the axe before catching.

"You messed with the wrong girl." I said laughing like a maniac. Then sirens went off. "Damn." I said and handed Alastair my axe. "Sorry we couldn't play." I said and Alastair scooped me up. He carried me back to the manor.

"They tried to hurt me." I whispered and hugged him.

"I know." He said. I saw him looking at me sadly.

"Why does everyone hurt me?" I asked.

"I'll never hurt you." Alastair said.

"Not until you take my soul." I whispered cuddling against him more as he ran across tree tops.

"I'll make it as painless as possible." He said.

"Thank you." I said softly before drifting off to sleep.

--------------

"Miss. We're back." Alastair said. I opened my eyes to see us walking into the manor. "We're home!" Alastair called. Everyone rushed into the room.

"What happened?" Finny asked worried.

"They tried to hurt me." I whispered.

"Your hand. There's blood." Bard said.

"I clawed that bastard in the face." I said as Alastair set me down.

"She wasn't going down without a fight." Alastair said smiling as he ruffled my hair. "Come on kid. Lets get you to bed." He said. I saw Ciel looking at me.

"Are you alright?" He asked.

"Not like you care." I snapped at him before walking off. Alastair gave me a confused look. "I'll tell you later." I mumbled, barely audible to him.

After getting washed up and changed Alastair tucked me into bed. I suddenly wasn't feeling good.

"A-Alastair. I-I don't f-feel good." I whispered. He removed his glove and placed his hand to my forehead.

"I think you're running a fever." He said. "I'll get you some medicine." He said and kissed my forehead. Alastair was like family. We stuck together.