Chapter Sixteen

Your POV

After I had woken up I had felt much better and my morning sickness was gone. I got dressed in a loose f/c dress. A corset probably isn't the best idea for a pregnant person. Sure I'm not that pregnant. But I want to be careful. I mostly just want an excuse not to get my breath taken from me.

I sat in the living room with Elizabeth. Ciel was working and I had nothing better to do.

"How was everything while I was gone?" Lizzie asked.

"Fine." I said. What I wanted to say was 'Ciel loves me not you, that's why when you were gone I got knocked up'. But I kept my mouth shut. "How was your trip?" I asked.

"It was fantastic." She said smiling. I smiled back.

"That's good." I mumbled. Then Ciel entered the room. He sat next to Lizzie. I felt my heart ache.

"So, why did you come back early?" I asked Elizabeth.

"I was just so excited to marry Ciel I couldn't wait any longer!" She squealed and hung on him. He looked down and smiled at her.

"Ciel I got you a gift!" She said and then dug around in her bag. She pulled out a box and handed it to him. He opened it and inside was a wedding band.

"I figured since I have a wedding ring and you don't, I should get you one." She said smiling.

"Thank you." He said and kissed his cheek.

"If you'll excuse me." I stood up.

"Wait!" Lizzie shouted. I stopped and turned.

"You're not wearing a corset." She said. I shrugged.

"We're having a party in an hour. It would be nice of you to dress appropriately." She said.

"I'd rather not." I said.

"F/n. We are giving you a place to stay. The least you can do is dress up for our party." Ciel said sternly.

"How about I don't appear at the party?" I asked.

"You cant just not go to a party." Lizzie said.

"Well if you want me there I'm not wearing a corset." I said.

"You have to wear a corset." Lizzie said.

"Who says? Society. Well I'm so sorry but I don't have to listen to society. I'm my own person, thank you very much." I said and left the room.

"F/n!" Ciel called after me. "I'd like to have a word with you." He said and dragged me off.

"Yes?" I asked him.

"You've been acting rude lately." He said.

"Well sorry that I don't like her all over you." I said crossing my arms.

"I'm marrying her." He said.

I wanted to shout 'Well I'm carrying your baby'. But I didn't.

"Do you love her?" I asked.

"What?" He asked.

"Do. You. Love. Her. L-O-V-E." I said.

"I-I don't know." He said lowering his head.

"I cant believe you." I said and slapped him across the face. I turned on my heel and walked off.

"Alastair! Please phone Jacob." I said to Alastair. He nodded. I walked up to my room and curled up on my bed waiting for Jacob to arrive.

About 10 minutes passed, then there was a knock on the door. I sprang up from my bed and bounded down the stairs. I saw Jacob standing in the entrance.