Day Eight

We awake today exhausted, me for the most part. I have been up half the night explaining everything. Hawk does also share her part of story; what she had seen, heard, and found out about the traitors in Kurai. Once she had finished telling her part of the story, she was permitted to leave. She, of course, wanted to stay with me, but I refused. She needed her rest just as badly as everyone else.

I began my part of the tale from the very beginning. Who I was, what I was doing, how I got here- the works. The white and lavender dragon listened inventively to every detail; her aqua eyes never left me. I stammered a bit, here and there, on the more. . . vulgar parts of the story. Like the shadone and my vines; it was a gruesome sight.

I felt like I was becoming hypnotized by this she-dragon. Her lovely white and lavender scales were very bright. The feathered wings that adorned her sides were shades of lavender and possibly some hues of teal to compliment her eyes. She had no name to me, for she had not introduced herself. I would assume, though, that she was one of high ranking, if not the leader of Hikari. "So, the shadones, wolfwyres, and the Mist are working together now?" Her voice sounded like a swell of wind. She had three bodyguards, so it seemed. It was the same three that took Lord Tohopka to the infirmary. They had armor on, as well as helmets, so it was quite hard to identify any of them.

I shifted uncomfortably in my podium. I felt like I was on trial. "It appears that way m'Lady. Although, I am still in the dark as of what the Mist's motives are. Why the Second Realm? And why do they go against their clan?" I hoped I had called her by the right title. If not, it was a nice compliment for her. The dragons in the courtroom, which was basically an open corner of their star-shaped campsite, nodded in agreement and sympathy. Apparently, we had been through a great deal more than I had thought.

A large, lemon colored dragon stepped forward from his perch. His wings' phalanges were tipped with hooked spikes at the end. Two long and twisting horns curved downward on his forehead, almost like a goat's, "The Mist are a no-good, evil, naariv, veistul, kaarn malur do draaf," the rumbling language of the dragons took over and I lost all of what he said afterwards. The brute's mace-like tail thumped on the ledge he sat on. The rest of the dragons on his ledge followed in suit, banging their tails in frustration.

The white dragon snapped her feathery lavender wings open and shoved a gust of wind in their direction, "Quiet! Order, please." Her demands were met immediately by the rowdy dragons. Nodding in approval, she continued, "We are now aware of the situation. Our troops will send some supplies over to Lady Fayyim and her remaining subjects. Lord Tohopka will have to remain here, to rest and heal from his wounds. Our medical staff will be working with him non-stop until he is well enough to go home," her head dipped out of respect. "We must mourn the losses of Kurai tonight. Their loss is now our loss. Meeting adjourned." Her lengthy body slid down off her ledge.

"But Lady Asha, we must attack now! They are weak and their forces have been scattered, we must act now." The lemon dragon turned his head to see the salmon colored dragon next to him speak. The salmon hued dragon had a large head. Seven long, straight horns adorned the top of it like a crown. Smaller spikes went along his jawline in a symmetrical pattern.

Lady Asha, as her name is to be, returned to her perch and looked at the enthusiastic male. "The time is not now to attack," she stated simply. "We are outnumbered; if we attack now, and even if their league is scattered, they would still have the opportunity to overpower us. Our chances of beating them is slim, and we have yet to find their fortress. I will not risk the lives of more dragons to this petty League of Mist until I know we can defeat them." With this, Asha let out a huff of air through her nostrils, a sign of dominance, and gracefully leapt from where she stood.

~

Today we awake at the sound of a harmonious howling being sung by a female dragon, I can tell by the pitch of its voice that it is female. I arise to see what is the matter, but apparently that is the tune that all the Hikari dragons wake up to. The lot of them pour out of their dens and swoop down to a long stone structure. It is just high enough for me to rest my elbows on it. Hawk and I rub our faces, trying to wake ourselves up. I can tell who was at our meeting last night and who was not; each of the members of the meeting had the same expression as I did- exhaustion, all but Lady Asha, who seemed to be quite the morning person.