Day Seventeen

/Another reference sheet. The dreaded wolfwyre./

I'm standing in the Second Realm, high up on one of the floating islands. Dragons fly in an aerial dance. It is so beautiful to watch all the shades fly in the sky. I notice the Kurai and Hikari dragons are intermingling in their dance.

This pleases me very much: to finally see the two rival clans acting as one. Their peace treaty had worked. They were now allies.

I spot Lady Asha down below. She is sitting on the cliffs that surround the Hikari camp. Our eyes meet and I wave hello to her. A smile crosses her face as she lifts her frame up from her rocky perch and flies to me. Her wings shimmer like amethysts as do the spikes running down her head to her back.

"You've returned, Guardian of the Green." Her voice is like wind, gushing at my ears. This isn't how she normally would sound, but I don't take much notice.

"Guardian of the Green?" I reply. Tilting my head at her, she seems unaware of my question.

She speaks again to me. "It is time to fulfill your role in society. You have a great gift, a great promise for Yugure; don't waste it."

Piercing shrieks fill the air as the dragons, one by one, fall to the terrain below. Shimmers of red glint in the sky around us. Asha evaporates in the wind and I'm left alone.

"You stand no chaaance," the ghostly rattled voice sounds off. I turn around to see the beast towering over me. Fifty feet of sheer monstrosity looms around me in its red ominous armor.

I turn heel and make tracks, but I can see the jaws enclosing around me. Enveloping me with no chance of escape.

Pain, I feel pain in my side.

~

I awake in the sand, coughing. I think a few grains got lodged in my throat. My body creeps forward in a half asleep attempt to go wash whatever it is out of my throat with water.

That pain strikes my side again, and I realize... It's a spear jabbing at me and the owner of the spear is a masked wolfwyre.

"Get up," it commands. Sendaar and Naz are not in sight.

I look it over before I say anything. It has cheaply made armor on- almost like an aluminum and iron concoction. Usually, armor around here is made of much rarer metals, so this creature must be low on the totem poll.

"Who ar-"

"Get up!" The wolfwyre stabs me in the side again with the spear. Its point is very dull, so it doesn't pierce through the skin. That doesn't mean it does not hurt like the dickens!

I reluctantly get up off the sand and follow my captor down the beach. We go almost halfway around the island only to be met by a force of fifty soldiers, all clad in the cheap armor. The entire company was armed in some sort of way. Of course, most of it all was dull and poorly made axes, spears, and maces, but who would really want to tell them?

"I got the green one. Put him in the cage next to the others!" The wolfwyre yelled to the other troops. Around five or so pointed their sticks at me and led me to a cage that could barely fit someone my size. That was when I saw Naz and Sendaar. Both of them were crammed in a single cage not much bigger than mine.

'It looks like they've been gagged..' Ironically, that's when I, too, am gagged by a garment that wraps around my head and is tied behind my antlers.

Fwomp!

Down I go onto my side. They waste no time tying my forelegs together as well as my hind legs. From these ties they drag me into the cage and shut it with a large lock. My back is to my friends so there is no way for us to communicate, and lest we forget that we are gagged.