Day Fifteen

Whoof!

"Get up!" A cylinder pillow hits me atop my head as Sendaar urges me awake.

I merely groan and turn to the other side. My guilt doesn't let me stay there long and I force myself up, groggy as ever.

My face feels warmer on one side, which is the side that I had been laying on. "What? Why am I getting up?" A shiver is sent down my body. Mornings are usually my thing, but lately I haven't been enjoying them.

My blurry vision can see Sendaar waving his arms around. "Come on! You're going to miss it!"

"Miss what?" I rub my eyes awake.

"You'll see."

As I exit the house, cool gusts of wind prance through the town. Another shiver goes down me. I'm wishing whatever he wants me to see could have waited until later, but all in all, I'm glad I am awaken.

The glistening sun is a few centimeters above the horizon. Shimmering waters reflect all different colors as waves roll in. The serpents of the deep fly through the air to crash down onto the liquid mirror.

"They do this every morning. I always enjoy a cup of coffee and this superb view." Sendaar sits down on the sand next to his wife, who is holding two cups of hot coffee. He takes one from her and sips it slowly.

I focus my vision on the playful creatures in the water. "Oh! I know this species. M'caravan friend, Suna, told me about these. They're-they're... Plurigibbosus novae-angliae!" My hand stamps the sand with the triumph of remembering the scientific term used for the lovely serpents.

The couple quietly laughs. "Well, that's quite a mouthful. I'm not even sure I could pronounce that. Here we just call them lomosaurus." Sendaar speaks, sipping on his coffee from a mug that looks to be shaped out of a coconut shell.

"We best get going, dear. We have work to do." Vahra's eyes are shut. She seems to be enjoying the morning breeze.

"Ah, yes, you're absolutely right. Well, Enoki, ready to start the day?"

I nod in response and they lead me past the town square and onto a narrow, cobblestone path leading to a sizable building, second largest only to the city hall. The structure is a dome, glasswork interlaced on the roof as a replacement for the average shingle. 'Quite curious,' are my thoughts on this intricate building.

Vahra swings the door aside and ushers both of us in, closing the door behind herself. This would have to be my most favorite thing in all of the Volcanic Isles.

Plants. Plants as far as the eye can see. Roses, thyme, grapevines, sage, puzzlegrasses, and all other wonderful flora is hanging, climbing, and sprouting out of the floor of the entire inners of the greenhouse.

The entire ceiling is glass. Not all are clear, but some have blue, red, purple, yellow, and a bit of green, each in their own circular pattern. Different patterns of triangle and diamond glass create what I imagine to be flowers.

Pillars that hold the building up are all highly detailed in carvings of roses, begonias, tulips, and carnations. They seem to be a light granite, smooth to the touch.

The air is very light and refreshing. In some places, the scents can be overbearing, but in others the plant odors blend well and create a fragrant perfume. I'm at a loss of words that can truly describe the beauty of this place. My description doesn't do it a justice.

Sendaar notices I'm speechless and he smiles, "Have a knack for plants, I see?"

I smile and bob my head, taking all the different types of herbs, flowers, fruits, and vegetables they have in their plant auditorium. 'Oh how I'd love to 'ave this in m'backyard. Although, I doubt I'd 'ave 'nuff space f'er it.'