Epilogue

Dear Readers, it's been a while since I've touched this journal. I thought that you all would like to be informed on what has happened during the past couple weeks that I haven't logged and what has happened in the realms around me during my travels.

In case you were wondering, I have received word from Professor Blacktalon stating that my assignment will be given highest marks for my efforts and execution- meaning I passed. He will be waiting for me when I return to brief me on everything I have missed while I was away.

Shadequill and Erickson are safe. I should mention that Erickson has found his calling as an archer. He found himself shooting down more air-bound Mist than the well seasoned soldiers of our militia. Shadequill found the knack of creating herbal blends to heal the wounded during the battle and has decided to pursue this skill as her lifelong career in becoming an alchemist.

There is no word on General Wardell and General Vannhyde. Our scouts are scouring the Volcanic Isles for signs of surviving Mist forces along with Aaryan's son, Kazim. With the help of our late friend Milah's neighbors and family, we have received knowledge of another outpost somewhere in the sweltering seas of sand of Oashisu Desert.

Lady Hawk has found success in her diplomatic endeavors; the Tsume Pack has agreed to ally themselves with the dragons of the Second Realm along with the gryphons of First. We hope to be able to use their skill sets in the near future.

Krah was released by the elvish government. They deemed him a hostage of war and not one of the vile soldiers of the Mist. With a bit of interpreting, Krah has thanked the Yugurian Guard for his release and his freedom and says he will relish these acts of kindness on his journey back to his homeland.

Lord Tohopka stayed in the Hikari's care for many weeks. It is in my sadness that I must inform you after many long days of healing treatments, the great Lord Tohopka died of his injuries. Lady Fayyim has taken full responsibility of the Kurai Clan and is now doing her best to pick up the pieces of her shattered dominion.

Lady Asha has ordered her warriors to create a border around the Tri-Realms, meaning the First, Second, and Third Realms of Yugure. We hope to expand these patrol borders to the Volcanic Isles and the rest of the civilized realms in the near future.

As for me, no, I haven't left the Spires yet. There is still much to be done in repairs and I feel responsible for seeing that done. Bellsulion has promised me that he will see to it that things are completed in my absence and that I should return home when the month comes to a close.

Sendaar, Adlanniel, and Hotaru all wish to see me to the First Realm. Of course, this company is most welcome, as I recall the trip out was most boring and lonely when I had not a soul to speak with. Adlanniel says that we shall travel in the newly completed Thunder Transport to save time and energy- another thing I am truly grateful for. We will make a slight detour first, however, to pick up Vahraniik and Namazzi, who also wish to come to the First Realm on account of my mother's funeral.

Oh, yes! I almost forgot to mention our exceptional kelpie's escapades. Namazzi bravely swam all around the Volcanic Isles, recruiting raptins and other kelpies to aid in an assault on the band of wolfwyres that had originally captured us. It was a complete success, and it also coincidentally saved the lives of Milah's friends and neighbors, who were captured not long after we had left the realm.

I've learned so much over these past few weeks, and I'm truly thankful to have been able to share it with you, the magnificent audience to my tale. I now realize that things seem to know how to fall into place, and that I shouldn't worry too much on the outcome of the future. As long as the right choices are made, things will come out the way they should.

I know that this is just the beginning of an epic adventure- the start of a long, enduring quest. I shall continue to log my tale and the story that unfolds around us. I've thought about this long and hard, but I now know what I shall call these quests for freedom and wars against the evil League of Mist:

The Chronicles of Yugure.