Sigma/Star: The Movie

Well it's summertime, the time when I write significantly less because I get significantly busier (sorry everyone!) but also when giant action movies come out. And wouldn't this be a great time for a Sigma/Star movie to come out too?

Well ok, so I don't have any hollywood connections at all and Sigma/Star hasn't been sold to anyone. But Guillermo Del Toro was kind enough to direct a movie that I have nicknamed Sigma/Star: The Movie. I'm talking about Pacific Rim, which, before anyone asks again, has nothing to do with Sigma/Star. It seems close and it is completely coincidental. Most movies are written years before they're released, and a lot of the filming is done a year or two before as well, then they're off to editing forever, especially when they are heavy on special effects. So it's basically impossible for some screenwriter to have seen my work and turned it into a movie.

And it really isn't that close but the concept seems pretty similar. In honour of this my editor and I will be attending the movie the first chance we get, which will be Saturday July 13th of 2013. So I call out to any of the Sigma/Star fans who can: Saturdy, July 13th will be Pacific Rim Day and we shall all attend it as best we can (and comment about it here!). If anyone is in the province of Ontario, particularly the south, I'll be heading to Galaxy Theatres in Orangeville to watch the movie and so yes, if you can find me, you can say hi and hopefully not attempt to assassinate me for making you wait too long for an update.

Have fun at the movies!