Chapter 22: Omnicorp, Ochenkov, and Others Part 2

Porter, Chase, and Raul were each pressed against a wall. Rick had slipped away once they had entered Omnicorp to do some scouting and to make sure they were safe. The downloading of Omnicorp's floor plans and cameras had been a success and each one of them could see it through the glasses.

"How far in are you guys?" Ardwen's voice buzzed in their ears.

"Just inside the main hallway, out from the lobby," Porter answered. "First floor still. Which way are we going?"

"Wait how did you guys get inside so quickly?" Porter could visualize Nami leaping over Ardwen to look at the monitor as she asked that question. Her computer was running diagnostics on the technology within the building, security systems and cameras, while Ardwen was actually watching them, and had blueprints to follow. Gretta, Shotuku, and Riya were playing cards beside them.

"Umm we went in through the storage door. Rick opened it when he first established the hacking link. Anyways where to now?"

"Hey who elected you the leader?" Chase demanded.

"Quiet Chase, nobody is leading I'm just getting directions."

"That sounds like the job of a leader. Why am I not the obvious one for the job?"

"Because if you don't shut up I'm going to stick an electrified katana in your stomach." Porter withdrew the weapon Rick had given them and Chase backed down a little in fear. "Alright now, which way do we go?"

"Looks like-"

Ardwen was interrupted by the sudden shout of a guard. "Hey did you hear that? Sounded like someone arguing!" The group froze as they heard the footsteps coming round the hall towards them.

Porter gave Chase a disapproving sidelong glance. "You know if these two don't kill us, then I'm going to." Before either of them could react, Raul snatched up the katana from Porter and struck down the first man in a flash. They heard the startled reaction of the second one before he too was electrified and just like that it was over. Raul handed the katana back and bowed at the two speechless teens before pressing up to the wall again.

Porter opened up the communication to Ardwen once more. "Yeah so anyways, as you were saying."

"Right well you guys need to access the service elevator one floor down. There's a staircase to your right, down that hallway. It's an unmarked door, third on the left. Take it down to the next level and you'll have to make your way across. Looks like the level under you ramps up in security quickly so be alert."

"Ah that's not so bad." Chase shrugged as visual images of the floor layout sped past their vision. "I mean if we come across anyone Raul here can just knock 'em out. So long as he doesn't have to kill them we'll be fine."

Raul wrapped Chase up in a headlock before another word was spoken and bent over his ear. "We will never speak of that incident again, understand?"

"Yes," Chase squeaked, and he was released and left rubbing his neck a little. Porter looked over at the two, shaking his head.

"Alright then, so it would seem we're more likely to kill each other than be killed by guards so that's a positive, right Ardwen?"

"I guess. Look we have to do this for Riya right? So don't goof up."

"Oh I can't guarantee that," Porter muttered under his breath. The group rounded the corner and started counting doors, making sure to duck under the security cameras. To think that they could be so far advanced in the future and yet security cameras could still be so easily avoided.

They pushed open the door to the stairs, surprised to find a manual one still in existence in such a modern facility. Actually opening doors was such an uncommon thing these days. The stairwell was similarly old-looking but it wasn't like you could really modernize such a concept. Stairs would be stairs forever.