January 11th, 2016

"I'm back!"

"Welcome home."

"Seriously? That was poor, Danny Boy. I thought you'd be more excited than that that I'm back in town."

"I'm thrilled! How's that? Better?"

"Exponentially."

"How was your last evening in gay Paris?"

"Amazing. Not as amazing as it is to be home, but it was good."

"Well, I for one, am glad you are back."

"That actually sounded sincere. Are you home or working late tonight?"

"Home. I finished early."

"How's the new place? Cosy yet?"

"Getting there. I've unpacked most of my things but there are a few boxes still left to go, mainly books and DVDs and CDs."

"I can't imagine you watching films, reading books and listening to music. Who knew, you actually have a life outside work!"

"I can be cultured."

"I'm sure you can, but I was talking more about you having a life."

"I have a life. It's just very-"

"Boring."

"It's not boring! Excuse me for not being a social butterfly like you, with a boat load of confidence and a mouth that doesn't give a shit!"

"..."

"I'm not apologising."

"Never asked you to."

"I'm not like you, Sophie."

"I gathered that much. I like the fact that you're not like me. If you were like me, then you'd be boring."

"So, you admit that you're boring."

"Did you hear me say those words? No, so never utter them again. All I meant to say is that two versions of me would be boring. Two versions of anyone would be boring. People are supposed to be unique, not a sheep."

"..."

"..."

"..."

"..."

"I like action films, crime books and old school rock music."

"I like action movies, too. I read trashy romance novels that are crap but oh so addictive. Yes, I read Fifty Shades, I will admit. I like Macklemore and going to music festivals, but not Glastonbury. I hate Glastonbury! "

"You read Fifty Shades? I wasn't expecting that. I thought you'd be more of a Twilight kind of girl."

"Oh, I read those too. I fly a lot and they keep me sane on the flight."

"Haha. You're a tween!"

"I'm gob-smacked you know the term 'tween.'"

"I'm full of surprises, Sophie."

"No, you're too straight-laced to be surprising."

"Oh, really? Are you sitting?"

"Yeah, why?"

"I smoked a joint once."

"Just the once?"

"How many times have you smoked a joint?"