February 5th, 2016

"Sophie Evangeline Clément, if you were going to stand me up, you could have at least given me some warning. Like a text, or a phone call."

"Well, Henry Daniel... whatever, you're name is a mouthful. Daniel Whitaker, that's better, right? I have not stood you up. I got caught up in work but I'm on my way."

"Oh."

"Yeah, you better be feeling apologetic because guess who is now buying me my coffee and my muffin?"

"Me?"

"Damn right you are. By the way, if you're being stood up, you don't tend to get a warning because if they text or called, you wouldn't be getting stood up. You'd be getting your date cancelled. There's a vast difference."

"You don't have to lecture me about it. I'm already buying you your coffee an your bloody muffin."

"Oh, but I think I do need to lecture you about it."

"No, you really don't."

"Fine, I won't lecture you."

"Thank God."

"Over the phone, at least. I'll just lecture you in person when I finally get to Hogan's."

"In that case, I'm leaving. Consider yourself stood up."

"See, this is why you need to be told. You've just told me your leaving, ergo I cannot be stood up. Oh, look, a tube station."

"Keep walking, Pug. I'm not going anywhere."

"Good. Want me to tell you my order so you can get it and it'll be ready for me by the time I get there?"

"You're very pushy, has anyone ever told you that?"

"Just about everyone I've ever met."

"Haha. What do you want, Soph?"

"Vanilla latte and a chocolate muffin."

"Are you sure you work at Vogue?"

"Pretty sure I do, why?"

"You don't want a decaf, non fat, soy chai latte with a skinny blueberry muffin?"

"Ew, no. Is that even a thing? Bugger that, I want full fat everything."

"Atta girl."

"Hey, how was your day off? Did you do anything fun?"

"It was good, and yes, I did do something fun."

"... which was?"

"I'll tell you when you get here."

"Boo. Tell me now!"

"- May I have a large vanilla latte and an Americano, please.-"

<<Does that complete your order, sir?>>

"- No, may I also have a chocolate muffin and a salted caramel chocolate shortbread, please?-"

<<That's a total of eleven eighty, please.>>

"- Keep the change- Sorry, Soph, what were you saying?"

"What did you do today?"

"Oh, that. I took my god-daughter to the zoo."

"..."

"Sophie?"

"..."

"You ok?"