April 4th 2016

Ok, so I've seen all your theories about which of the characters will get their heart broken. I know which one it'll be, but I'm not telling you/ giving you clues. However, you're all correct about Sophie when you say that she's self-destructive when it comes to relationships. She's a tough nut and she's hard to crack. So, we'll see how it all pans out. 

Also, from some comments left on previous updates- I do see all your comments. I read every single one of them. And I love them all! I try to reply to as many as I can and I love the discussions that come from them. Your comments lead my stories and I take on board everything you say/ think. I love you all very much, and if you missed one reply where I said #TeamEffort, just know that everyone who reads/ comments/ votes are a part of that team!

Ok, that's enough of me being mushy! Here's your update! P.S. Thanks, to Flynetta1212 for all the help with the slang at the end of this (unedited) chapter. You are seriously a freak, but I love you <3

Sarah, xx

~*~*~

"Hey."

"You don't sound happy."

"Tired, that's all."

"How was your first day?"

"Busy."

"Did it go ok?"

"Yeah."

"Soph?"

"Hm?"

"This sounds like a one sided conversation here."

"Sorry. My day was good, thanks. Started early because I couldn't sleep. Bloody nerves knotting my stomach. Arrived early, found out that I was shadowing the Art Director in addition to my editorial job. I thought I'd be more on the creative side but I really enjoyed it with Nigel. He's funny and really, really good at his job."

"Did he hit on you?"

"I'm not his type. I don't have a penis."

"Did you honestly just say that in your most serious voice? Like, you probably didn't even bat an eye at it."

"What, penis?"

"Sophie!"

"Why are you getting worked up about it? You have one."

"Yes, but..."

"Vagina!"

"Soph-"

"Testicles!"

"Sophie-"

"Ovaries!"

"Seriously, Soph-"

"PERIODS!"

"I'm glad New York hasn't changed you. You're still completely fucking mental."

"Haha, always, my love. Still, as I was saying, Nigel is gay. Therefore, I'm the last person he wants to have sex with."

"Good to know."

"How's London?"

"Oh, you know. A little rainy this morning but it's cleared up now."

"That's very British of you, Daniel. Talking about the weather."

"It's the only interesting thing going on here."

"The only thing? Well, what about Greg's home visit for Alfred's adoption? Are you going to tell me about that?"

"Bad news."