June 28th 2016

OK! So... England are our of the Euro 2016 football (soccer) tournament!! I'm so excited about this because Wales (my country!) are still in it. It's the farthest we've gotten in over 50 years and the fact that we're through to the quarter finals (and England didn't!) is AMAZING! 

We don't have big name stars like England, but we have Gareth Bale, so... *smirks* I'm not expecting Wales to win to the Euros, by any stretch of the imagination, because the current World Cup winners (Germany) is still in it and we have to play Belgium on Friday, and after that, potentially Poland or Portugal, before even getting near the final! 

Ok, football talk over! Enjoy the chapter!

Sarah, xx

~*~*~

"Sæll"Sæll."

"What?"

"Hvað segirðu gott?"

"Excuse me?"

"Hvað segirðu gott?"

"Sophie?"

"Yeah?"

"What language are you speaking?"

"Icelandic."

"That's not funny."

"It is!"

"It really isn't."

"Oh, poor baby a little upset that England is out of the Euros?"

"In both sense of us being out of anything Europe."

"Yeah, but back to the football. How does it feel to have been knocked out by Iceland?"

"It feels terrible."

"Diddums."

"Did you just phone me to gloat?"

"Me? Gloat? Would I ever?"

"Yes, yes, you would."

"How is it possible that you have so many big name players on the England squad and they got knocked out by a country where the population is twenty-six times smaller than that of London?"

"..."

"I have a theory."

"Go on."

"Too many egos."

"That's not a theory. With this England team, that's a fact."

"Oh, yeah."

"..."

"The only home nation left is Wales, then."

"But that's only because they have Gareth Bale."

"Now, now, Mr Whitaker, don't be making excuses. Face it, you were outclassed by Iceland."

"No, our goalie was shit."

"That's still an excuse. Think of it this way, ok- if England had won, you would have had to play France."

"And?"

"I wouldn't have been able to talk to you until after the game. If France had lost to England, I don't think I would have been able to talk to you after. Ever. Period."

"I really don't want to be happy that England is out, but if we went through and it meant that you'd have to stop talking to me... then I'm glad Iceland won."

"See, I knew you'd be happier about it once you'd spoken to me!"

"..."

"Anyway... What do you want for your birthday?"

"My birthday?"

"It's coming up soon."

"Soon? Sophie, do you even know when it is?"

"Yes, I've seen your drivers' license."

"Then you'd know that my birthday is months away."

"October isn't months away."

"It's in three months, Soph. You don't need to plan birthday presents until at least the seventh of October."

"The day before your birthday?!"

"Yeah, last minute."

"Ok, I know I'm not the most organised of people, but even I don't leave gift buying until the day before."

"I do. It's fun."

"No, it's stupid."

"Nah, you should see the stuff Elias and I buy each other for birthdays."

"I'd rather not, thanks. There's no telling what you two buy each other."

"I bought him a blow-up sex doll once."

"And that's why I didn't want to know."

"Haha."

"I don't think I can ever look at you in the same way."

"Ah, I see. You thought I was a good boy, huh?"

"Kinda."

"Oh, sweetheart, you've got a lot to learn. Underneath my gentlemanly facade, I'm really not the man you thought I was."

"Apparently so. I'm going to regret asking this, but... what does Elias get for you in return?"

"You'd really rather not know. Trust me."

"I'll take your word for it. He didn't get you a blow-up sex doll did he?"

"Yes. Her name is Madeleine and I keep her in a locked box under my bed."

"Ha bloody ha. Just for that, I'm hanging up on you."

"But-"

"Góða nótt."

"God, not more Icelandic."

"Bless."

"Um... goodbye?"

"Ég elska þig."

"No idea what that means."

"I love you!"

"Love you too!"

"I know. See you soon, babboon."

"Later, 'gator."