Chapter Six

Alexis' P.O.V

I woke up to the sound of metal hitting the floor. I opened my eyes and saw Jackson standing at the door, our tray of food laying at his feet. He glared at me, then walked out, slamming the door.

I tried to sit up when I felt the arm around me. I looked to my stomach and saw the arm with the blue sweater wrapped around me.

I turned my head and looked at the body attached to the arm, and saw it was Kyle.

His ivy green eyes met mine, sparkling, and he gave a small smile. "Couldn't resist me, could you?"

I rolled my eyes, scoffed, and got out of the bed, pushing his arm off of me. "Whatever." I muttered, and walked over to our tray.

Sitting on it was a small glass of water, and two pieces of toast with butter on them. Jackson must be in a good mood...

I grabbed the tray off the floor and turned around to be met by Kyle's face, only an inch away from my own.

He gave that small smile of his and I simply returned it. I took in all his features on his face, from his dirty blonde hair to the healing wound under his eye and on his cheek.

"How do your wounds feel?" I asked, out of breath all of a sudden.

He moved closer. "Better, thanks for cleaning them up."

I stared into his eyes and then cleared my throat and backed away. Kaden was my soon to be boyfriend, and he was going to find me, I can't be that close to another guy kissing me.

I walked the tray over to the simple bed and set the food down on it. Kyle let out a sigh and walked over to the other side of the bed.

"Two pieces of toast?" He asked, looking up at me. "Guess he's in a good mood."

I smiled awkwardly. "Yeah."

We fell into a silence and I took a bite of my toast. It tasted great, better than our usual stale bread.

After we finished I spoke, "That was actually what I thought this morning."

"Huh?" He asked, confused.

"I mean when you said you thought he was in a good mood. I thought that this morning when I got the food and he left." I explained, shifting my eyes to the plate.

"Oh!" He said, giving that small smile of his. "I get it."

I returned the smile. How could it not be awkward for him?! He was so close to kissing me, and now he's acting like it didn't even happen!

"So ready to start?" Kyle asked, breaking into my thoughts.

"Excuse me?"

"I'm going to teach you some karate today." He smiled. "Remember when you asked me to teach you?"

I nodded. " I didn't really think you would remember." I admitted.

"Of course I would remember." He laughed, taking a sip of the water. "You can have the rest of the water, then we will start." He smiled, getting up.

How could he smile right now? He was so blind to the fact that Jason died last night! I grabbed the cup of water and took nice cool sips from the cup.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Stop laughing." Kyle said annoyed. But I couldn't help it. I was in the floor clutching my stomach for dear life.

Kyle had took one of the buckets from the bathroom and placed it on his bed he tried to kick it and in the process made if hit the wall bounce off and land on his head after finished freaking out and pulling the bucket off he fell against the window stumbled backwards and was currently stuck in the bucket.