Chapter Seven

Alexis' P.O.V

I was outside for the first time in a month. I smelled the air and rolled in the grass, I don't know were Kyle is. But he couldn't be far, Jackson was watching us.

I turned over to watch the sky and as I did Kyle's face came into view, he was laying next to me. "Can you believe this time next month we will be free?" I smiled at him. "I know." I smiled.

"We will keep in touch right?" He asked.

"Of course." Jackson was busy talking on the phone, I think to Kyle's mom.

I smiled. I thought of Kaden. "I can't wait to see you again." My stomach had butterflies in them. Kyle's face became serious.

"He's not the right guy for you." He said. I laughed. "No he isn't the right guy, he's the perfect guy." I smiled.

"When we kissed-" he began I sat up quickly.

"We didn't kiss. You kissed me. And I pushed you away." I told him.

"Yeah, we'll I'm glad you did. I was making a big mistake." He said sitting up also.

"What? I'm not a mistake." I said looking at him.

"For me you are. Your sarcastic, and annoying, and you act like you care and then push me away."

"Well I'm glad I pushed you away so you wouldn't make any mistakes again. When we get out I don't want to see you. Just act like it never happened." I told him.

"Fine by me." He said.

Suddenly Jackson started yelling into the phone, it was hard to make out what he was saying.

Jackson came over and got both of us and dragged us inside. He looked at Kyle. "Someone's mother doesn't seem to want to pay." Kyle's eyes widened.

"I'm not getting out?" He asked.

"No. And when I find that last person. Your 'operation' will begin." He threw us in our room and locked the door.

He stayed quiet.

"I guess you don't have to worry about me now, huh?" He said looking at the floor.

I went and sat next to him and cupped his face with my hands, turning his face to see my eyes.

"Whatever I said before, nothing matters anymore. We need to escape." He sighed, and moved my hands from his face.

"Don't get yourself killed to save-"

"No." I told him cutting him off. "I will not let you die."

"Why? What's the thing he's going to do to me? It can't be that bad."

I sighed. "I heard him yesterday, killing Jason." I began, no longer looking at him. "He's going to tie you down, and cut your eyes out." He didn't seemed that scared.

"While your awake."

This got his attention.

"Should have known." He muttered. I looked at him. I saw how scared he was, how he was trying to mask it with a tough look.

He leaned in and put his forehead to mine. He smiled and looked at my eyes. "I think I have a plan."

My eyes grew wide and I turned my head. "Which is?" I asked.

"We'll get out of here." He smiled, and I smiled back, rolling my eyes.

"Well I figured. But how?" I asked.

"With a plan!" He exclaimed happily.

"You're an idiot." I said sarcastically, once more rolling my eyes.