Chapter 37 ~ "Stop being such a little bitch."

a/n: sorry for the two week wait, my loves! i hope you like this chapter and don't think it's shitty lol, because i do. this story is almost finished, just a couple more chapters and an epilogue i think. 

dedicated to Isaycrapsometimes (i do too) for the lovely comments she consecutively left on most of the other chapters lol

Chapter 37: "Stop being such a little bitch."

I had been doing so well.

Jayden stared at me from his position on the floor, his mouth agape. The chair I had thrown at him lay on its side to his right, one of its legs completely broken off.

"Miss Wolfe, you have not been in this school for very long, but I simply cannot excuse this kind of behaviour," my Calculus teacher scolded, frowning deeply at me. "Especially since this is the second time this has happened."

Jayden seemed to swallow his astonishment enough to smirk at me. I clenched my jaw, shoving down my anger at his stupid cockiness. Did he forget the reason he was on the ground and my chair was in pieces?

"Ms. Buchanan, as I previously mentioned, I was using self defence," I said politely, ignoring the way the rest of the class stared at me.

"What is her problem?" someone muttered. I ignored the whisperings. God knew I needed to keep my temper under control, but I kept forgetting that this school did not know just how vicious I could be. Luke was the one who was able to calm me down during times like, but he wasn't here, and that was why Jayden would probably go home today with a couple of nasty bruises. And not for the first time.

"Self defence? Against what?" she asked, thoroughly exasperated.

I pointed at Jayden. "Sexual harassment."

"For fuck's sake, Jordan, I was just teasing," Jayden said, gingerly standing up.

"Language!"

"What?" he exclaimed. "She threw a chair at me, and you're coming after me for saying fuck?"

Ms. Buchanan glared at him. "That may be so, but at least she can show me a little respect." I had to bite back an amused smile at his outraged expression.

"She threw a chair at me! Do you remember that? Because it just happened!" He waved his arms around erratically. "Ms. Buchanan!" he whined.

"Miss Wolfe has a point," she said. "Sexual harassment is serious, but since physical violence also is, I will settle for detention for both of you. Not today, I have a meeting today. But tomorrow, immediately after school. One hour. Sound fair?"

I shrugged. It did sound fair, and I had expected to get more than that, but Jayden kept spluttering like an idiot. I rolled my eyes and sat down in an absent kid's chair since mine was now in pieces. "Thank you, ma'am," I said, clasping my hands around my knee and turning my attention back to the whiteboard, effectively ending this whole debacle.

"I'm gonna kill you," Jayden said, brushing off his jeans and settling back in his seat.

I ignored him as he continued muttering grievances under his breath, threats against me and promises that I would regret it. He was an idiot, so I wasn't too worried. He'd get over it soon enough, like he always did.

It had been over two months of learning his character, and I knew he wasn't really mad at me. I wouldn't say we were friends per se, but I ate lunch with him and the other guys, and sometimes we all got coffee. "Chill out," I finally had to whisper. "Stop being such a little bitch." He just glared at me and huffed like a child. It reminded me a little bit of Luke when I had to end calls with him earlier than expected.