Chapter 3 ~ "Why can't you ever ask me how my day's going?"

Chapter 3: "Why can't you ever ask me how my day's going?"

What was that idiot thinking of? What was his plan? I was almost completely sure he had something in store for me. Something bad. Well, maybe not bad. Just weird.

"Hey, Pres!" my vice-president, Yuki, called. Yeah, I'm the Student Body President.

I stopped so that he could catch up. "Yuki, how's the account book coming along?"

He shrugged his skinny shoulders. He was almost child-sized, with a cute Asian face that could be mistaken as a girl's. That was a sore spot for him. "Why can't you ever ask me how my day's going?" he joked.

I ignored him and kept walking. "Wait, Pres!" He caught up to me. "The accounts are almost done."

"Okay, Yuki, I'll do the rest after school today."

"Not even a 'hello," he said in wonder. "Okay, Pres. I'll see you after school."

I gave him a small nod and a kind smile. "See you, Yuki."

As I kept walking, I noticed Yuki catching up with my secretary, Gerard. "Pres smiled more when she was with Ryan, don't you think?"

My lip trembled for a fraction of a second before I stilled it and kept a straight face. I guess that was true, but was it so bad to want to work hard? Anyway, it's not like I liked Ryan anymore.

"Pres, Pres!" a girl shrieked, coming up to me. Something you should probably know is that in my school, girls are the minority. Only about thirty percent of my school is female, seeing as it used to be an all-boys' school. 

Because there were barely any girls, they always looked to me for help, since I was a girl and the Student Body President, so they didn't have to be nervous around me.

"Yeah?" I said kindly.

A group of three girls: Zakia, Isuzu, and Myah, ran up to me eagerly. "Pres, there's a huge box in the way of the art room."

"Ah...why can't you just climb over it?"

Zakia looked at me reproachfully, and gestured down at her mini skirt. We had to wear a uniform, and there were different skirt sizes. I picked the right-above knee-length, but it looked like Zakia had picked mid-thigh length.

"If we do that, the guys will see," she whispered.

I slapped my forehead. "That skirt is really short, Zakia. Next time, wear something longer, okay? These guys are all pigs."

"Your friend Luke's not a pig!" Isuzu stated. "He's ranked number two in academics, best at all sports, and he's so cool!"

He's number two because I'm number one. But cool? That wasn't an adjective I'd use to describe him. "Except he's not friendly with any girls except you," Myah continued.

I rolled my eyes. "Girls, did you hear me? No more mini skirts."

"Okay!" they replied cheerfully.

I smiled kindly at them. "Then show me where this box is."

"Okay!" they all chimed, leading me the way to their art class.

I stared at the huge box that was taller than me. "Where the hell did this come from and who put it here?" I fumed at no one in particular.

The girls giggled. "None of us are strong enough to push it, even all together!" Isuzu informed me.

"Where is your teacher?"

"We don't know."

"And the rest of the class?"

"The rest are boys."