Chapter 24 ~ "I AM IN FUCKING LABOUR, YOU PIECE OF SHIT!"

A/N: if you think Marie's overreacting, I'm just re-enacting my aunt's behaviour, so...sorry haha

Chapter 24: "I AM IN FUCKING LABOUR, YOU PIECE OF SHIT!"

I grunted as I hauled Marie to Luke's truck. "Your little tyke has impeccable timing," I gasped, as she gave a jerk and almost collapsed on me.

"Shut the fuck up, Danny," she growled. She let out a cry as she got another contraction and panted heavily out of pain. "Your lover better have the goddamned engine started or so help me-"

I rolled my eyes and yanked her outside and to Luke's truck, where he had the door open and ready. I helped Marie inside and then slid in next to her before slamming the door shut. "Drive, Luke, drive like the devil is after your soul!"

"She already is," he muttered, glancing nervously at Marie, who was making strange guttural noises like she was about to metamorph into a wolf.

"WOULD YOU DRIVE FASTER, I AM IN FUCKING LABOUR, YOU PIECE OF SHIT!"

Luke jumped in his seat and accelerated until we were going almost twice as fast as we should've been going. I took Marie's hand to try and calm her down, but she just cussed me out and continued squirming in her seat. "Holy shit," I mumbled. If that was what pregnancy was like, I was never having sex.

"Drive faster!" Marie screeched loudly. I winced and shook my head, amazed how my sweet-tempered sister-in-law could be so fiery in labour.

"Excuse me, I am going as fast as possible, get off my ass, woman!" Luke exclaimed in an affronted tone.

Marie shot him such a withering look that I almost shit myself at the amount of disdain it held. Poor guy. "Excuse me, I am giving birth right now, I think that allows me to ask you to get me to the bloody hospital as fast as possible!"

I heard a police siren in the distance and let out a loud groan. "Son of a bitch."

Luke pulled over, much to Marie's dismay, and I rolled down the window. "What can I do for you, officer?" I asked politely.

The guy, who couldn't have been more than twenty-four, leaned against the car door and raised his eyebrows haughtily at me. "Do you realise that you're going 90 mph in a 65 mph zone?" he asked sassily.

"Do you realise I don't fucking care?" Marie snapped loudly from beside me.

I shot her a look and turned back to the policeman. "Excuse her, she's currently in labour and we really need to get to the hospital...now."

He blinked and smiled apologetically. "I'm so sorry, would you like a police escort?"

"No, that's alright, can we just g-"

"OH MY FUCKING GOD, STOP THE CHIT-CHAT AND START THE FUCKING CAR BEFORE I POP THE KID RIGHT HERE ON THE HIGHWAY!"

The officer handed me a ticket that would let us continue to speed, and then waved us away. Luke stomped on the gas, and we were off once again.

As soon as we reached the hospital, I got Marie in a wheelchair and to the nearest doctor while Luke went to go call Seth and fetch my mum. Ironically, we were in the same hospital as her.

After the doctor had assembled his team and calmed Marie down, I sat down next to her. Apparently the baby sort of gave up, and Dr. Frieder estimated it would be a few more hours until she would come out.