Chapter 16 ~ "That's called poorly-veiled sexual attraction."

A/N: OMFG DO YOU SEE THE BANNER ON THE SIDE? ISN'T IT BEAUTIFUL? IT WAS MADE FOR ME BY shyswagg! THE OTHER ONE SHE MADE WILL BE THE COVER IF SHE ALLOWS IT :)
I hope you like the chapter! I worked hard on it, and I hope you approve of what happens ;)

Chapter 16: "That's called poorly-veiled sexual attraction."

Going back to school was weird after the wedding was over. That was basically my life for three months, what with all that planning and stuff to do. Now, all my Student Body President duties seemed subpar in comparison.

Not to mention I didn't have an excuse to be around Luke anymore. I mean, he had his friends and I had mine, there was really no reason for our paths to cross, and as much as I hate to admit it...

I sort of missed him.

There. I said it. Molly would be so proud of me. I really missed the weirdo.

And so I was kind of depressed as I patrolled the halls during study hall, trying to scope out any people ditching lessons. Yuki, my VP, had told me that people had been skiving off a lot recently, probably after noticing that their President wasn't in the game as much as she should have been.

But they weren't in luck any more, because without the distraction of the wedding plans, I could reassume my roles that Yuki had been taking care of for the time being.

At the sound of hysterical crying, I stopped in my tracks and my ears perked up, leading me to a little crevice that was hidden behind a set of stairs. I paused behind the staircase and scrunched my eyes as the hysterical crying got louder. "But I love you, Lucas!" a strangled cry exclaimed.

My eyes widened in shock. Lucas? What was Luke doing out of class? 

"Sorry, Rhea, but I don't like you, and you know that. I've told you four times." His voice was cool and firm, which startled me even further. I was so used to hearing him full of warmth and mirth that I'd forgotten how he was around girls who confessed to him.

Speaking of which, couldn't he have been a bit gentler? I mean, seriously, girls aren't just play things that can bounce back from heartbreak - I knew that more than anybody. It didn't matter that I had some feelings for Luke, that didn't mean I would stop looking out for the girls of this school.

"Don't you feel anything for me, even a little?" the girl - Rhea - pleaded tearfully.

"I really don't. I'm sorry, Rhea, but I can't date you." He sounded so emotionless that I couldn't stand there anymore.

So I straightened my shoulders and strode towards them right as Rhea said, "Give me one good reason why we can't go out!"

Their eyes snapped to me and I glared at them. Luke suddenly got this mischievous look on his face and despite how cross I felt, I began to feel slightly unnerved. "I'm sorry, Pres," Rhea choked, looking pitiful with tears down her red face. I immediately paused, softening my stance. "I just need Lucas to answer me."