prologue

"I didn't want to wake up.
I was having a much better time asleep. It was almost like the reverse of a nightmare.
When you wake up from a nightmare, your so relieved.
I woke up into a nightmare."

I lie awake in my tiny bed, underneath the White covers, neck sore from sleeping on one pillow, my sleep medicine worn off and I was now once again a prisoner to my restlessness.

I walked apprehensively towards the blue chipped door banning on it with an almighty force. The atmosphere in my so called room seemed had changed, and dramatically, my skin began to goose bump as I trembled. I could feel the warm air suffocating the outline of my hunched body, tugging me back into a some what grounded reality.

Suddenly I felt my stomach drop as I came aware of the tiled floor slowly dragging me towards the ground, pulling me back, sinking me into a sunless world. My world.

A jolt was sent throughout my body as my brain ticked back into a realistic mind frame for a short moment, no one was going to come for me.

My eyes went out of focus as my bare back pressed itself up against the cream wall. I kept my gaze on a drunkenly hung clock situated on the wall furthest from me. My eyes shifted down to my clenched fists where my nails dug into my tough skin, a soothing pop filled my ears as I watched a thick red substance trickle trough the microscopic gap between my sealed fingers.

I tilted my head, focusing on stray drops of blood that had been isolated from the stream of liquid rushing down my wrist.

Turning my attention off the spill of blood rushing down my flesh I looked around. I sighed; all I saw was a broken room for a broken boy.

My legs trembled as they no longer had the will to hold up my weight as I collapsed to the hard floor. I sat on the uninviting tiled ground, wiggling in discomfort.

All the nurses say I'm not alone in this situation and that they understand. Nobody understands, not even me.

I turned my ears to the small radio, hidden at the back of my desk, crackled laughter being heard from the dusted speakers. This wasn't a place for laughing. As the noise faded out it seemed as if the radio was choking on its dust.

I became aware that my hands where shaking, manufacturing me to feel the need to do something.

My eyes started to dart around the empty room, I felt as the objects were judging me. Agreeing I was insane.

I growled at myself before transfixing my eyes to the black clock. I fluttered my green eyes closed for a moment and listened to how my heart was thumping against my rib cage in complete sync with the ticking.

As soon as I leaned further down the wall I relied how tense I was. How much my head was spinning. How much I was going crazy.

My head cowardly bowed in defeat, through lidded eyes I took in the surroundings again. I pressing my bare back against the flaked wall as a strange emotion took over me.

With angry eyes, I stepped forward. My heavy footsteps echoing through the box room, bouncing off the four walls.

The four walls that have fist indents and marks scratched into them. The four walls that held me in this place. The four walls I've stared at for hours on end. The four walls that are keeping me from her.

Looming over the desk, I extended my bruised arm as I brushed my hand over the engraved detailing.

Tracing my fingertips across the lettering I spoke them out loud.

"N"

"O"

"E"

"L"

"L"

"E"

Coming to the end of her name I parted my lips, tilting my head back as my fist connected to the desk over and over and over again.

The loudest scream tumbled from my mouth as I yanked at my curls full of regret.

I yelled again, this time her name. I yelled again. I yelled again. I yelled again. I yelled again until the opening of a door made me freeze.

My chance to run was cut short as a large body forcefully slammed mine to the tiled floor.

Kicking and screaming I tried to get free. It was no use; more came. More men all pinning me down.

Words of venom flew from my mouth while my feet stomped against the ground in agony.

I felt a sharp gab in the right side of my neck making me choke in shock. Lazily I rolled my head to the side, my brown locks cushioning my head, and saw a needle dug into my sweaty skin causing me to cry out.

"I'm not crazy, I promise."

:) apologies if you are confused af :)