one

Noelle

I allowed myself to be drawn slowly out of my fantasy sleep and into a more grounded reality. I felt the mattress and sheets become tangled around me as I stretched and yawned, filling my lungs with the still-drowsy air of early morning. I heard mums footsteps down the hallway before I painfully opened my eyes and forced them to accept the sunlight that was now seeping through the curtains.

I padded across my cool oak flooring, manoeuvring past the collection of papers and folders that had been scattered lazily across my floor from the previous night.

Draping my fluffy charcoal coloured dressing gown over my now chilled skin, due to the loss of warmth my covers had provided, I lazily swung open my bedroom door and made the short journey down stairs.

The sweet smell of pancakes kissed my nostrils as I entered the heavenly room of the kitchen causing a happy sigh to fall from my lips. I hoisted my body onto the black bar stool which presently sat next to the island.

"Morning Noel," my mum greeted with a wide smile as she turned her back to the cooker

I grunted in response, not being a morning person who likes to engage in conversation during this horrendous hour of the morning.

Mum only chuckled at me clearly after eighteen years now used to my moody morning state.

Without question, mum placed two golden pancakes onto a plate before placing them before me.

Hungrily, I drizzled syrup onto the circler treat, my mouth watering at the sight. Adding on a few strawberries and raspberries to the side of my plate, I looked at my gorgeous breakfast in satisfactory.

"This is some Instagram worthy shit," I hum giving my mum a cheeky grin

"Language!" She scolded with a playful eye roll

I didn't have time to reply because I became too busy scoffing down the pancakes. A soft moan of delight tumbling from my lips after I finished, licking off the remaining extract from my lips.

"Thanks for the breakfast; it was perfection!" I exclaim hopping off my seat

"Not a problem sweetie. I'm off to work now so I'll see you later. Love you," mum kissed my forehead briefly before I pulled away

"Gotta go get ready." I announce before turning on my bare heel and waltzing back up to my room

As I closed my bedroom door I heard the front door close too, in sync, giving a glint of satisfaction.

I quickly dashed into the ensuite connected to my medium sized room. Turning on the tap, I threw the cold water over my face, missing most of my skin but giving the floor a nice new slippery surface.

Being the child I am, I turned off the tap and started skidding across the soaking tiles with giggles leaving my mouth. It must of been a good ten minutes before I drifted back into the reality that it was a Monday morning and I had to be a school.

"Crap. Crap. Crap!" I repeat as I flew out of the bathroom

I collapsed onto my vanity chair, I stared at my reflection frowning. My hair was a complete mess, it looked like a bomb had gone off in it! Not to mention, my face was still a little blotchy from only waking up an hour ago.

Never the less, I picked up my primer applying it all over my face before rubbing it in until the liquid was no longer visible. Pumping out a reasonable amount of foundation onto the back of my right hand, I began blending in the creamy substance to my pale complexion with a brush. Once that was finished, only taking a few minutes, I applied concealer under my eyes before patting that into my skin. I curled my eyelashes extending the length before coating them in black mascara. Finally, I brushed through my eyebrows to shape them before slightly filling in any spastic areas.