two

Noelle

next day

My stomach was twisting into nervous nots as I speed walked down the semi-empty hall way. Small hand became present on the rusted lunch doors as I took deep breaths. I felt my feet frozen to the tiled ground as I stood staring at the chipped deep red door trying to muster up my confidence to open it.

Angrily, I swiped away the stray tears that had been falling from my dull eyes for the past ten minutes.

This is ridiculous.

With the shake of my head, I pushed open the doors letting it slam against the wall as I strolled in. Holding my head high and keeping my posture straight, I traveled through tables among tables of intrigued eyes - blue, brown, green and grey - watching my every move.

Refusing to make eye contact with anyone, but my table full of friends, I continued walking trying desperately to hold back my tears threatening to fall.

The worried and confused expressions came unnoticed to me as I sat down, a heavy sigh tumbling from my lips.

"Are you-what's wrong?" Georgia asked instantly, her eyes tracing my face in concern.

"Nothing." I blankly reply staring down at the table

"Noel, you're cheeks are tear stained and your eyes are puffy.. What happened?" Sophie continued to jab at me with questions as did the other girls

I soon zoned out swirling into an everlasting hole of darkening thoughts, keeping my head low in shame, as tears began to blur my vision.

"Noelle!" My brothers voice boomed throughout the now silent room.

I flustered my eyes shut feeling my eyelashes dampen as tears dared to wreck my mascara.

Leaping from my seat, I took the opportunity to run. Run the hell out of the hall where no eyes could stare judgmentally at me.

Finally, I found myself running towards the football pitch heading for the stand when my body collided with a broad chest.

Wincing I spoke, "Watch it idiot."

"Easy! Calm down there tiger," an all too familiar voice chuckled

I groaned in annoyance; I didn't want to be talking to him at this moment in time. Anyone but him.

Not bothering to reply, I tried to slip past Harry but clearly he wanted otherwise as his large hand grasped my wrist holding me back.

"Harry, please let go." I beg my voice cracking towards the end as another tear fell from my eye

Harry didn't listen to my plead, he decided to pull me back so I was in front of him and place a hand under my chin. I flinched at the contact, which Harry didn't seem to notice, as he lifted up my head. I watched helplessly as his emerald eyes searched my face, his green orbs flickering across each section of skin making sure to take in every detail.

Eventually his eyes met mine as a frown grew into his pink lips.

"What's wrong?" He asked, stunning me by his question.

Flustering my eyebrows and scoffing I took a step back, "Like you care."

"I do." Harry stated with a blank expression

"Damn, what are we? Getting married." I reply in a bitchy tone, anger and hurt coating my words.

"Look I know we aren't friends-"