Chapter 3 - Lovely, Detention

"I solemnly swear that I am up to no good." Ivy tapped the parchment with her wand and the usual words appeared, Messers Moony, Wormtail, Padfoot and Prongs are proud to present The Marauders' Map. She smiled and opened it. She looked around at the map of Hogwarts, seeing Filch walk near the Gryffindor Tower with his cat, seeing many Prefects on duty. Even Professor Snape, the Potions Master, was probably doing some extra work in his office.

"Ivy, you've been doing that for hours. Go to bed." Marvelle whispered, pulling the blanket over her face. Ivy ignored her.

"There's no teachers around the Slytherin Common Room." She got up slowly, still staring at the map. "Marvelle you coming?"

"What?"

"I'm going to prank some Slytherins." Ivy put her shoes on and stood up.

"Why?"

"Why not. Are you coming or not?" Marvelle sighed and got up. Ivy walked over to her trunk and took out two bottles of glue.

"If we get in trouble-"

"We won't, let's go." The two girls walked out of the dormitory as quietly as they could and ran to the Slytherin Common Room. Ivy glanced at the map, seeing no teachers and looked up at the Slytherin door.

"Did you even think about the password?" Marvelle asked with slight annoyance.

"Of course I thought about the password!" Marvelle raised an eyebrow. "Okay no I didn't think of the password. Slytherins rock?" Nothing happened.

"Wow creative. Blood-traitors?"

"That's meant to be better? Pure-bloods."

"MUDBLOODS SUCK!!!!!" Marvelle grinned and Ivy looked at her in shock, especially when the door opened. "I always wanted to say that. I mean, obviously it's not true. You know." She swaggered in.

"Wow..." Ivy said after a while and followed. She grabbed a bottle of glue and looked around the dark, gloomy Common Room.

"This is so messy..." Marvelle muttered, Ivy rolled her eyes.

"Well put everything back in its place again. Catch." She threw the second glue bottle to Marvelle, who caught it quickly.

"Okay." Ivy grabbed a lamp and glued it back onto the table. She did the same to a bottle of ink and a piece of parchment someone must've left. Marvelle grabbed a pillow and glued it to the couch.

After a while, when they had finished gluing the last books onto the bookshelves.
"Good luck to them." Ivy said as she walked out of the Common Room. She held the map and looked at it again.

"Okay, now if we get caught or lost. I am going to kill you." Marvelle stated.

"Filch is nowhere near us, he's near the Ravenclaw Tower-"

"Really?!"

"Oh he'll be gone soon. Now stop worrying or someone could hear you." Marvelle sighed with defeat and they walked around the castle, making sure not to bump into anything.

"Oh bloody hell." Ivy said suddenly when they were passing the Gryffindor Tower.

"What? What did you do?!"

"Filch is over there. Mischief Managed." She tapped the map and it disappeared. Ivy shoved it in her pockets.

"Now what are we going to do?!"

"Be quiet! Let's just find our way back to Ravenclaw Tower..."

"Going for a nightly stroll are we?" The two girls screamed and turned around. Filch looked down on them, smirking while stroking his cat, Mrs Norris. They gulped. "Oh aren't we in trouble? Both of you will come to the trophy room for Detention tomorrow night. Now back to your Dormitories!" Ivy and Marvelle nodded quickly and ran off.