Chapter 12 - Why Didn't You Tell Me

Ivy couldn't get to sleep that night. In fact, she started hugging the stag doll while trying to fall asleep. Marvelle was already fast asleep, unaware of the howling werewolf in the next room.

She sighed and placed a pillow over her face, trying to block out the heartbreaking howls. Ivy hated full moons, knowing that someone she loved was in pain and she couldn't do anything? It got kind of draining.

In fact, she remembered one time when she was sleeping peacefully and Remus came to check on her. Ivy was pretty sure this happened when she was three, the first full moon when she was here. Remus looked beaten and tired, covered in dirt and blood. He reassured her that he was fine, even though everything else said otherwise.

Another heartbreaking howl. Ivy sighed and shut her eyes, trying to get to sleep. She wanted to help, she really did. But Remus would tell her that if she didn't tell anyone then that would help. Yeah, they both had a different definition of "help".

How do you fall asleep? Ivy thought and started listing all the ways she could fall asleep, from counting sheep and revising for Potions. And though her eyes started to get heavy as she listed the ingredients to the Shrinking Potion, she still couldn't fall asleep.

Suddenly, Marvelle shot straight up making Ivy jump. "Woah! Are you okay?" Ivy asked.

"Yeah... I'm fine, just a weird dream - um... you're still awake?" Marvelle said and looked up.

"I couldn't sleep." Ivy sighed.

"Can I go get a drink?"

"Sure." Ivy stood up and walked out the door. Marvelle followed her. They walked to the kitchen and Ivy took a water bottle out of the fridge. She looked around and spotted a chocolate bar. She grabbed it, but there was a note on it. Don't you dare Ivy. She sighed with defeat and put it back before grabbing two cups and walking to Marvelle, who was sitting on the table.

She poured the water into the two cups and handed one to Marvelle.

"Thanks..." Marvelle said and took a sip.

"Bad dream?"

"Really weird dream... I was there, you were there... the Weasley twins there and, yeah you don't want to know the rest."

Ivy nodded slowly. "What do you mean I don't want to know the rest?"

"Well something happened, and I was with George and you were with..." Marvelle sighed. "Well... and you were with Fred." Ivy chocked on her water and started coughing.

"What?"

"Told you, you didn't want to know." Ivy gagged.

"Yeah, really weird dreams." Ivy agreed and gagged again. A loud howl filled the air and Marvelle jumped.

"What was that?!" She asked, looking around.

"The dog...?"

"What dog?"

"That dog."

Marvelle rolled her eyes. "It was loud though."

"Well... we live near the woods, you know. So it might be a stray dog-"

"No, Ivy it was close. Very close."

Ivy sighed with defeat. "Marvelle listen-"

Another howl filled the house and Marvelle stood up. "Very close..." She walked back up the stairs.

"Marvelle!!" Ivy ran after her. Marvelle walked down the hall. "Marvelle."

"Don't you hear the howl Ives? Something's around here..."

"I did hear the howls that's why I couldn't sleep. Look I'll explain-"

"It's coming from Remus's room..." Marvelle walked to the door of Remus's room and knocked on the door.

"Marvelle you don't want to do that-"

"It's locked. Why is it locked?" Marvelle pushed hard on the door.

"Remus is a very secretive person..."

"There's a wolf in there. Why is there a wolf in there?" Marvelle pressed her ear on the door, trying to hear what was going on inside.

"Marvelle, let me explain." Ivy said again, her hair turning purple. Now, a painful howl filled the air.

"There's definitely something there." Marvelle grabbed a bobby pin and started picking on the lock.

"I don't think that's a good ide - how did you do that?" Marvelle smirked at Ivy's cluelessness and unlocked the door.

"Muggle trick. Helpful at times." She opened the door and froze suddenly.

"Marvelle..." Ivy pushed past Marvelle and sighed. Hidden behind the bed, but visible, was a thin werewolf with grey fur and large eyes. The werewolf was curled in a ball, it looked up at both of them.

"Where's Remus?" Marvelle croaked.

"That is... Remus." Ivy said, looking at the werewolf. Her hair turned dark blue and white. The werewolf slowly got up and growled lowly, advancing on them.

"H-He's a werewolf. Your godfather is a w-werewolf..."

"Yeah... this is where we run." The werewolf lunged at them and the girls screamed. Ivy grabbed Marvelle's hand and dragged her out of the room. Ivy closed the door quickly and locked it.

"Your Godfather is a werewolf!" Marvelle exclaimed.

"I know, I'm sorry Marvelle but-"

"Why didn't you tell me?"

"I was meant to..." Ivy sighed. "It just slipped from my mind... I'm sorry Marvelle, I understand if you don't want to live here anymore-"

"Are you crazy?" Marvelle smiled at her. "I don't care if your Godfather is a werewolf. Who cares?"

"A lot of people..."

"Well I'm not one of those people." Marvelle smiled reassuringly at her as Ivy stared at her in disbelief.

"I love you." Ivy said and hugged her. Marvelle smiled and hugged. Ivy knocked on the door. "Told you Remus! Yeah, he can't hear me..." Marvelle smiled slightly and they both walked back to the room.

"I what?!" Remus exclaimed the next morning. "Ivy I told you should have told her!"

"I did!" Ivy replied. "After..."

Remus face-palmed. "That's not what I meant!! And what were you doing awake at that time of hour?!"

"Well it doesn't help that your howling is so loud."

"I'm sorry I can't help it." Remus said and sighed. "But Ivy you know better then to not go into my room especially on the full moon!"

"Remus... can I interrupt?" Marvelle piped in. The two turned to her. "It wasn't Ivy, I was the one who unlocked your door. Ivy tried to stop me, but I didn't listen." She bowed her head. "I'm sorry."

"That's quite alright Marvelle..."

"Since you blamed me and you were wrong... do I get free chocolate or something?" Ivy asked, smiling innocently. Remus glared at her. "Okay I'm guessing that's a no..."

"You clean your room." Remus said.

Ivy groaned. "Remus-"

"Now."

"Can I have breakfast first?"

Remus sighed. "Fine."

"Thank you. I love you Remus." Ivy smiled innocently at him.

"Love you too Ives, but please clean your room."

"Sure I will..."