Chapter 8 - Tryouts and Bets

Ivy looked at the noticeboard in the Ravenclaw Common Room and grinned.

"Roger Davis is holding Quidditch Tryouts!!" Someone said excitedly.

"Sign me up!" Ivy grabbed her quill and wrote down her name.

"Let me guess, Chaser?" Marvelle asked.

"Yep! Why don't you guys tryout?"

"I hate flying..." Maria said slowly.

"You're afraid of heights?"

"Quite possibly."

"Oh well."

"And besides, I never get Quidditch." Marvelle stated. "It doesn't make sense-"

"Well you see Ms Shields." Ivy started, in a very posh accent. She changed her appearance to match Madam Hooch's, the teacher that taught all the first years how to ride broomsticks.

Marvelle groaned. "Oh please don't-"

"There are seven players on each team. Three Chasers, two Beaters, one Keeper and one Seeker. The Chasers job - that's me - try grab the Quaffle, which is the reddish brown ball, and throw it vinto one of the three hoops on the opponent's side. With me so far?"

"I didn't ask for an explanation but yeah-"

"Okay good. The Keeper, tries to block the Quaffle from going through the hoops. The Beaters try to stop the Bludgers - which are the two jet black iron balls that fly around like they're high on firewhiskey - from hitting their teammates and aim the Bludgers to the other team. Which the Weasley twins like to do a lot since I still have a bruise on my shoulder-"

"What?!"

"Nothing. So I've done the Chasers, Keepers, Beaters oh and of course the Seekers. The Seeker, has to catch the Snitch the small, golden ball with wings. Once they've caught the Snitch, the game ends and the team wins 150 points. They would most likely win too. Now do you know what Quidditch is?"

"I always knew what Quidditch is-"

"But do you understand it more?"

"A bit-"

"Good." Ivy changed her appearance back to normal, but instead changed her hair to be dark blue with light blue ends.

"Now I'm hungry. Let's go." Maria said and walked out of the Common Room.

"Five sickles she either trips, bumps into someone or breaks something." Ivy whispered to Marvelle as they walked behind Maria.

"Deal."

"I can hear you. You know that?" Maria stated, turning around to face them but still continued walking backwards. "Five sickles that Marvelle complains-" She bumped into someone and almost fell down. The fifth year boy in Gryffindor turned around.

"Hey watch where you're going!" He yelled.

"Sorry." Maria smiled sheepishly and walked back to Marvelle and Ivy. Marvelle handed Ivy five sickles.

"Told you. Anyway, what were you saying?" Ivy asked Maria.

"Oh yeah. Five sickles that when we walk into Transfiguration today, Marvelle will complain about how dirty the desks are."

"Deal."

"Hey! Okay, that was one time." Marvelle stated. Ivy and Maria raised an eyebrow. "It may have happened twice... three times-"

"More then three times."

"Well whatever, they're always dirty. Who cleans them anyway?"

"People who get detention." Maria said and she and Marvelle looked at Ivy.