Chapter 9 - Be More Specific

Davis paced the Ravenclaw Common Room, reading through the list of names. It had been at least a week since the tryouts, and Davis had called back everybody so they could find out who made the team for the year. Ivy sat down on one of the armchairs, her hair was purple from being nervous.

"Our Seeker is Cho Chang." The 2nd year Asian girl smiled widely. "Our Beaters, Duncan Inglebee and Jason Samuels." The two boys in 4th year gave each other a high-five. Ivy tapped the armchair with her finger nervously. She felt like Davis wasn't saying the Chasers just to build the tension in the room. "For Keeper we have Grant Page. And the Chasers..."

Ivy sighed, trying to change her hair back to normal.

"And Chasers, we have me, Jeremy Stretton and Ivy Potter."

Ivy grinned, her hair turning yellow instantly. "Yes! Now time to show those Gryffindors that Ravenclaw is way better-"

"Potter." Davis warned. Ivy smiled sheepishly.

"Sorry. But you agree don't you?" She grinned at him and raised her eyebrows. He rolled his eyes in response.

"And that's the Ravenclaw Quidditch Team for this year!" The people who didn't make it groaned and dragged themselves back to their dormitories. "Sorry if you didn't make it! There's always next year!" They grunted in reply. Davis sighed with defeat and looked at the six remaining people. "Now, the rest of you. I expect all of you to show up for practise. Which will happen on Monday evenings, Thursday evenings and Saturday afternoons. This year though we have to win. And we will win."

"Of course we will." Cho stated. "We've got a pretty good team this year."

"Of course we do. We're in Ravenclaw." Ivy said.

"What do you have against Gryffindor anyway?" Jeremy Stretton asked her. She frowned at him.

"I don't have anything against Gryffindor-"

"Well you're always like, 'Time to show those Gryffindors-' "

"It's not Gryffindor I'm against. Just some members of the team. It doesn't matter." Ivy stated, getting annoyed.

"Isn't your brother in Gryffindor?"

"I said it doesn't matter!" Her hair turned orange and she glared at him. He nodded and looked away.

"And no fighting." Davis stated, pointing at the two. He flipped through the papers in his hand. "I think that's it. See you Monday evening." The team nodded and got up. The sun was starting to set and they had the perfect view through the windows. Ivy smiled and ran up the stairs. She opened the door to her dormitory to see Maria studying on her bed, Marvelle was cleaning her trunk and Willow Edwards was reading.

"Hey!" Marvelle looked up at Ivy and smiled. "Did you make the team?"

"No, unfortunately I didn't." Ivy rolled her eyes and grinned. Maria frowned and looked up.

"Did you really?" She questioned.

"Yeah! I made the team!" The girls cheered and Marvelle hugged her.

"I knew it!" She exclaimed. "Don't trick us like that!" Ivy shrugged and grinned.

"No promises." They rolled their eyes but smiled.

"When's your first practise?" Maria asked.

"Monday evening."

"Well you have to get lots of sleep-"

"Tomorrow's not Monday! Tomorrow is-" Ivy stopped suddenly and her expression saddened. "Halloween..."

They sighed. Ivy always hated Halloween. It wasn't that she hated all the sweets and Jack O Lanterns. But it was also the day her life was ruined. The day she lost her parents. The day she became parentless. And though she had Remus with her, she missed her parents dearly.