/ 3 /

-✘-

This was not a good idea, was the first thing that had entered her overwhelmed mind, moments before she had pushed the door open to meet her former team mate. The pinkette gripped her wooden clipboard tightly for support but ended up cracking the part where she held it as she walked inside. Embarrassed and hoping he hadn't notice that and her nerve cracking self, she fake-coughed and directed his attention away from it, or attempted to do so.

It was impossible to miss the crack of the clipboard from its sound though, Sasuke thought, looking over the small cracks of the poor board. He didn't know at all if she gripped it too tight to depict her irritation, anger or nervousness over him, but what was bothering the Uchiha more was his sudden keen observation with the small things around. Perhaps this was one of the things he had to suffer now that he is at peace, and he didn't like it. He didn't like thinking and noticing irrelevant things he had no concern with. He leaned backwards and rested with the support of the back pillow, he wasn't really into a conversation now, yet it looked like he had no other choice anyway. He directed his obsidian onyx eye and his rinnegan outside the window, he was going to be a little rude and himself just for a little while.

The med nin, for a few minutes she stepped inside, had numerous attempts of opening her mouth and closing it right away when her voice had betrayed her for not coming out. Her heart raged inside her chest when she had a good glimpse of the sight in front of her. He sat there at the hospital bed, the same bed he had rested back then, and Sakura couldn't help remembering every shed of its memory. Breathing more deeply this time, she uncurled her tongue and managed to greet him, finally, having enough of her weakening self and gathered courage to get this over with as soon as possible. "Hey," the pinkette nervously smiled and placed both of her arms and hands at her back. Few seconds had passed, she hadn't got any reply from the Uchiha who focused more outside.

Sakura sighed inwardly and inaudibly. Restraining her eyes from rolling, she smiled and tried again, this time, making using of her alibi to continue the conversation. "So, I'll go ahead and check up on you." The pinkette forced her feet to walk towards his bed side, placing her cracked wooden clipboard at the empty space on the table beside the vase of fresh daffodils she replaced yesterday when she came in to visit. She directed her body towards his side, she was already few inches away from him, and her heart will explode sooner or later.

"I hope you don't mind but I need to - to open your shirt to see a clearer view on the medications-" She said rather queasily. Though she had said and done this things with other patients, why is it so different with him? She haven't moved a finger yet, expecting a response for an approved permission, although it wasn't supposed to have one because it was a must.

The Uchiha, hearing her clearly, had moved his eyes from the window and followed the med nin's instructions (even though it sounded like a request) right away, he wanted to get this over with after all. He grazed his finger tips on the soft cloth of the hospital shirt locating the buttons to be undone. His heart leaped for a moment with his realization about the absence of his left arm, yet like his usual composed self, he remained calm and setting the thought aside.

"Do you need help with that?" The pinkette offered when she noticed that it was taking a while for him to undo the buttons one by one by himself. Although it was an embarrassing question, she couldn't help it. She didn't want him to be depressed over the loss of his arm, but she admits that it was just her assumptions that he might.
"You think so?" He answered in an almost gentle and weak way for there was still a dash of arrogance in his voice, startling Sakura for she never expected him to answer at all. At first she was confused if he had somehow read her mind about her thoughts on his possible depression. But as she assessed his response, she was still a bit confused if it was a trick question for it sounded like one.