/ 5 /

-✘-

"So, how's the party?" The pinkette asked her blondie friend who stopped by at the entrance of the hospital, waiting for her at the end of her shift. She made sure she'd be busy to forget any unpleasant thoughts away that day but somehow she wasn't sure if it went successful.

Earlier that afternoon she was summoned back to the headquarters where Tsunade had gave her yet another mission to accomplish.

"Speak with your landlord, they have vacancy beside your apartment. In a few days, Sasuke would leave the hospital and he has nowhere to stay by then." She commanded quickly as if she was in a hurry. "As provided by your mission to standby him, this would be best too if he was much closer where you can watch him and make less suspicions." She added right after, not giving the pinkette a chance to say her thoughts.

"Understood," She said like a sore loser in defeat.

Before the cherry blossom and the blonde left, she took a good look on the familiar window pane at the middle part of the building. Third floor, right corner window. That's where he is, she thought.

"Preparations are done, it's about to start too." Ino said, "I hope you're not wearing that on the party." She added, either an insult or an advice.
"What's wrong with my outfit?" Sakura prompted, taking a glimpse from her top to her toes. She wore her usual outfit today after all.
"It's not that appealing," She teased.
"You said I look okay earlier and now you're telling me this?" The pinkette grunted.
"Oooh~ Since when were you so self-conscious, huh? I remember that self-conscious-Sakura back in genin days when he-"
"Shut up pig," She interrupted. It wasn't the best time to remember him again, she raged.

"Oi~ come on, Sakura." Ino insisted, after all, she wanted to know what happened at the hospital today. Between her ex-crush and Sakura, his forever fan, necessarily speaking.
"What happened? What did he say?"

"Not.. much." She pulled up her keys in her left pocket quickly as they arrived at her flat's front door.
"What do you mean not much?" Ino crossed her arms, still insisting her inquisition to her hopeless romantic friend. They both sat on the couch tirelessly after they entered and Sakura, with low hopes of keeping Ino out, had explained what happened in the end, but of course she skipped the parts where she had been assigned to standby Sasuke and even be his neighbor.

"Sometimes, I just really think that there is something between you two. I mean you and Natsume-kun," Ino laughed while Sakura maintained her poker-like face. Not a second after when Ino stopped abruptly to her joy-laughing moment when she added, "Wait- is there?"

"What? No!" Sakura flustered,
"You have time to finally discuss issues with him but you took the time to accompany Natsume-kun instead. Really." Ino exasperated. "But you know, I wouldn't blame you. Lot of girls go gaga over him as well. He's quite the cute type."
"Ino~ stop that accusation. Natsume-kun and I are just really great friends." The pinkette stood up and headed towards her dresser. The party will soon start and she would have to look for a much-better-than-usual-outfit too to stop Ino from scolding her later about fashion and what men wants.

"Right, we are too, but I don't recall him asking me out for dinner. Not once. With just the two of us. Not even once, forehead. You do the math."
"Well perhaps he must've thought you're already in a relationship." Sakura said, scanning over her folded clothes.
"Pff, with whom?" Ino was aggravated.
"Sai," She laughed, finally turning the tables. "Isn't he a bit super extra nice to you lately?"