/ 12 /

-✘-

It had been months since the people of Konohagakure had finally finished building from the first house to the last, after the fourth shinobi world war. The debris were no longer there, the streets were swept daily, the trees and plants were watered and the farm animals were tendered and cared. It was a reason to celebrate for the aftermath has already passed. The market is now full with retailers selling fresh fruits, meats, fishes and much more items for the families, it was once again lively, the food stores were open again, the bars and the ramen shops. But the thing they were most glad about- is the precious smiles back on the faces of the Konoha residents, as if there had never been a war.

Tsunade had been waiting for this.

She was tired, and she needed rest, a long while rest- she was ready to step down any moment since after the war, but she was waiting for the right time. She didn't know when, until she finally saw this. Her people. She was waiting for them to be back to normal. She was waiting for them to put back those horrible things that had happened behind them.

It was since yesterday that she had finally decided. She had called Kakashi to inform him about her immediate decision and encouraged him to be ready at any moment. Though, by herself, she wanted to make the official announcement a week later. She had things to see before she steps down.

Naruto. Sakura. Sasuke.

Naruto was as lively as he could be, he had been begging Tsunade for missions since he recovered, but the Hokage consistently refuses to provide him with high rank missions as of now. By herself, she wanted him to rest and make himself enjoy the fruit of his hardwork and his determination. She wants him to see how thankful the villagers was to him, and how happy they are now because of him. She was also glad to see him and the Hyuga hime together and blossoming. Tsunade had indeed felt old for the first time she admits it, back then, Naruto was just a small kid who constantly pranks and annoy everyone but now- he was out there saving the world and who would have guessed- dating. She will no longer be surprised if the two gets married soon enough.

Sakura, she is now successful in medical jutsu as she is, she had achieved greater things than Tsunade did when she was in her age. You could even say that she might be the same level of knowledge as hers. She was her apperentice, and there would be nothing else to teach since she had given up everything she knew to pass it onto her. She is strong-willed, yet very fragile as well, though her apperentice hadn't been very open when it comes to her love interest, she knew very well that the cherry blossom had been faithful and is still hoping for the same guy she laid her eyes on. She had never given up on him, and she will never ever will. Tsunade has her hopes up for her.

Sasuke, on the other hand, was progressing fast and she was proud of him. Sasuke had been looking out and helping out in protecting the village even when not commanded to. He was returning back to the small brat like he was years ago, although much more better this time. He was still not very social and kept his group small as it could be. Though it may sound impossible to believe, but she thinks that Sakura and Sasuke might end up together. Sasuke kept his distance with everyone- but he was looking more comfortable with Sakura, though she might not know it. Tsunade could only hope that Sakura, whatever she may be or become to Sasuke- could help him with his redemption. He had been requesting to leave the village for his road of redemption alone, yet she had not granted it yet, the elders wanted him to pay, but Tsunade thinks he had already did, and thinks that his redemption will help him back up.

Tsunade has decided.

-✘-

When she had heard the news, she quickly headed for the Konoha tower, her clothes were obviously worn in a rush and her pink hair was a big mess. It was surprising that she heard her shishou had finally decided to step down and pass the position to her Kakashi-sensei, they knew about it, but it was surprising to know it'll be next week right away.