/ 7 /

-✘-

"Naruto-kun!" She cried in the small distance between them. The whiskered blonde stared at her quite suspicioualy long after noticing her appearance, not denying he noticed her before she did. She glowed beautifully in her grayish purple dress, with a cute smile painted in her face.

The hime quickly placed her dish she took a while to finish at the food table and rushed to Naruto, enthusiastically wanting to know how he had been. "How are you?" The midnight haired hime said in greeting. Naruto snapped after a few seconds interval of her question and with the help of a sudden elbow attack from the pinkette who was drinking her fruit punch at his side. "I'm going to look for Ino pig, see you two around." She said in excuse to leave them alone.

"I'm okay, Hinata-chan, thanks to you. Sakura-chan told me earlier that you fixed my stuff and uh- eto~ she clarified to me it wasn't really your mission to look over me the day I was passed out." The whiskered blonde scratched his head with his present arm, feeling bashful for such misunderstanding, since he originally assumed that Tsunade-baachan had only assigned her to do it. But he wasn't really sure though if he was feeling shy because of the misunderstanding, or the fact that she had volunteered for the position.

"I-It's no big deal Naruto-kun, you just got me worried." She giggled nervously at the thought.
"Thank you Hinata-chan," He grinned from ear to ear.

For that evening they had spent it with lot of greetings from person to person, welcoming Naruto back while Hinata stayed beside him. Although there were times they were together in silence, it wasn't awkward. It felt.. special. It felt special for the Hime to be able to spend time with him just a little more longer, even though they weren't talking, as long as he was just there.

As for the whiskered blonde that had been greeted by numerous friends and acquiantances, he earned a lot of whispering from them about how lucky he was to be dating the Hyuga hime. After all, she was elegantly beautiful and stunning not just that evening. He wanted to correct them that they weren't dating, but everyone seems to be denying that and keep on insisting they were going steady, making him feel bashful and nervous in no time.

"Hinataaaaa-chan!" Ino shouted in the midst of the crowd, she waved carelessly at the midnight haired hime and she was in fact already a bit tipsy, or rather really drunk, and greets her friends along the way, thankfully the pinkette was there to look over her just in case she does something more stupid than what she is doing now. "How have you been? Must be stressful taking care of this fox, eh?" Pointing at Naruto as if he was being accused for a crime.

"I'm okay, Ino-chan, thank you." Hinata giggled and responded gently, noticing how drunk Ino was.

"Stop it, Inopig." Sakura growled, considering this was more or less her 10th time bothering someone with her presence and drunk self. She forcefully took the blonde's arm and hooked it over her shoulders to direct her path where she can no longer bother anyone.
"Sakura, I'm still in my senses!" Ino protested.
"Right, why don't you tell that to Sai," The pinkette somehow or instinctively directed her friend to the pale man at the corner of the room, sitting on a couch.

Sai arched his brow over the scene and felt a bit of amused that night for once.
"Sai, would you mind keeping her here?" The pinkette said in annoyance.
"No problem." He kept his usual smile.
"Keep her away from alcohol, she had enough."

"Foreheaddd!!" Ino growled, she didn't want to be treated like a baby, or much more sit next with this boring man. Besides, she was just getting started in the drinks! Yet Sakura glared at her, daring, and left the scene. "Tch," Pouting in annoyance, she rested her back at the couch, crossed her arms and took a quick glance over Sai who held his sketch pad, scribbling, as expected.