Chapter 5

"Optimus, I've pin-pointed the location of Megatron's space bridge." Ratchet says the next morning. Yes, I'm back at base. Yesterday was very...uneventful after Jack left. Optimus took me home then picked me up at six in the morning today. The darkness assisted in the healing of the wound. "High in earths orbit." Ratchet says.

"Out of our reach." Optimus adds.

"Okay. So you guys don't fly. But couldn't you just ground-bridge there?" Miko asks.

"The ground bridge has limited range." Ratchet explains. "Stretching all the way into orbit, it's vortex could snap and scatter us to the stars."

"Since Megatron is likely already in transit, I'm afraid we must take that risk. Reaching the space bridge first is our only means of stopping him." Optimus says looking at the ground bridge. The moment he finished speaking a strange beeping noise is heard. I turn and see Arcee driving in...with Jack. Arcee pulls to a stop and Jack hops off and pulls the helmet off.

"Hey. Guess who's back." He says.

"Autobot's, prepare for departure." Optimus says completely ignoring Jack.

"Where to?" Arcee asks confused.

"The final frontier." Miko says dramatically. I sigh and roll my eyes before crossing my arms over my chest, and leaning back against the wall.

"Space? I-I thought they didn't have any way to get there." Jack says in confusion.

"They don't, really." Raf says as Bumblebee places him down on the ground.

"Be seeing you?" Jack asks questionably. Arcee nods and walks off and I watch as they all get ready. Ratchet fires up the ground bridge and I watch it form.

"Be careful, Bee." Raf says drawing my attention. I watch as Bee 'buzzes' in response before walking off.

"I'm so jealous!" Miko says energetically. Looking up at Bulkhead.

"Don't even think about following me." Bulkhead says strictly, giving Miko a look, before walking towards his companions. My turn I believe, I think walking over towards Optimus.

He looks down at me. "You shall not fail." I state looking him dead in the optics. My purple orbs being revealed as my hoodies hood slips back slightly. "Therefore I believe there is no need for me to say goodbye. So I shall not." I then turn and walk towards the wall once more, going back to my original position.

"Optimus, if you leave me stranded on a planet teeming with humans, I will never forgive you." Ratchet says giving Optimus a look.

I chuckle. Do not think I missed the small smile that graced Optimus Prime's faceplate. "Until we meet again, old friend." With that said, Optimus' battle mask snaps into place. "Autobot's, roll out." Optimus commands. They all transform and with only a moments hesitation, they drive through the ground bridge.

I watch as the ground bridge dies. The energy no longer shooting between the blue rings. "Autobot's, Transform and gravitize." Optimus' voice filters through Ratchets computer. Drawing my attention.

"Oh. Don't look down. Or up. Or left." Bulkhead says, making me roll my eyes once again.

Everything falls silent. The tension blazing down upon all of us. "Well, what are they waiting for?" Arcee asks, cutting the tension.

"It appears the Decepticons have sustained serious damage to their interstellar navigation system." Optimus responds.

"Ah, that's my handiwork." Bulkhead says sounding proud.