Chapter 10 Part 2

I could hear the darkness chattering away within my skull as a light filtered through my eyelids. I could feel a vile illness running rampant amongst my insides and burning against my throat as bile built up within me. Throwing myself to the side I released the vile liquid. Once finished I let myself lay on my back staring up at a broken light.

"Ratchet! She's awake!" I heard Jack, I think, say over the pounding within my skull and the chatter of the darkness. I heard them say Luka, the Guardian of Light, but that was it.

"Dusk, how are you feeling?" Ratchet questions and I felt the light of his scanner burning the exposed flesh of my arms and face.

"Horrible." Was all I could say as the burning within my throat was making itself known amongst the rest of my body as my joints locked and throbbed, my hair itching the back of my neck, and my stomach twisting in different unnatural ways. It was something I'd only ever felt once. Once as a child during a plague that struck our land.

I had black spot clashing against my vision as sweat and tears streamed down my face in rapidly flowing rivers. All I felt was pain. I think I screamed, I don't know, I couldn't even think straight as the virus struck the vulnerable parts of my body. I could almost feel it slithering through my body like a serpent, engulfing my organs and spitting them out with a parasite that slowly infected the entirety of my interior workings. "Dusk? Dusk! We'll get help, Arcee and Bumblebee, will get you help." That's all I heard before everything went dark. Next thing I know the pain is replaced with a numbness and I no longer detected the vile illness within me. My entire body was fine and I couldn't help but thank Ratchet profusely before being ordered to rest for a few days...