Clearing up some confusion!

What is Dusk?
Dusk is a Guardian. As well as a goddess. She is the goddess of Predacons, Drakes, and Dragons and the guardian of darkness. She is represented in many different religions. She is the Greek goddess Nyx though much of the lore was made up by the Greeks and is not true.

Her relation to the Shadow Zone?
Dusk made the Shadow Zone just before the great Catalyst to save as much of her race as she could. They existed on Cybertron until the planet died. Then they moved to Earth and have been living peacefully ever since. The Shadow Zone houses all of her kin. Dragons and Drakes included.

How TF is Skyquake alive?
Crystals. In Dusk's world Crystals are used to harness magical energy and possess certain properties. She used an extremely rare Revival Crystal to reanimate his spark. Revival Crystals don't always work however.

How is she older than Ratchet?
Dusks realm is very similar to our realm. The only difference is time. A hundred years to us is a month to them. However, it's not actually a hundred years for them. If you've seen fairy tale it's kind of like the Celestial Realm. Time moves slower but not at the same time. To them it's like a regular earth day.

Why Dusk Nyx Nightingale?
Honestly? Because Dusk is a kick ass name I've always liked and it's a perfect name. Nyx? Because of the Greek Goddess Nyx. Goddess of the night. Nightingale? Because it flows. All names that I use must flow. They need to fit together and sound right in my own head, and Dusk Nyx Nightingale achieves the poetic kind of flow I was looking for.

Who is Luka and Melodis?
  Luka is the Guardian of Light and a childhood friend of Dusk. They grew up together. Luka's father was her fathers closest friend. Melodis is her stepmother. She is a wicked woman and married her father with the intent to kill him and frame Dusk, leaving her queen. However Dusk and her father are not stupid and know what she's planning and are trying to catch her in the act.

How does Dusk know so much? Like more than she should?
  Dusk has many allies. Both guardians and Cybertronians. Both Autobot, Decepticon, and neutral allies that secretly smuggle her information on plans and strategies for both sides. Though most of her Autobot allies are either dead or hiding within the Shadow Zone.

How was she able to look human?
  Simply put, magic. Magic allows for her to appear however she chooses for a certain amount of time.

How many guardians are there?
  A LOT!

Why is Dusk helping Primus?
  I can't tell you that just yet.

How does Dusk know so many Cybertronians/have Cybertronian friends before the war?
  Her mother was a good friend of Primus and often visited Cybertron with Dusk. It's how she met so many Cybertronians before the war truly started. Not to mention Dusk since birth has been the Goddess of Predacons and often visited Cybertron (Later in life) to observe her kin.

How did you come up with this idea?
To be honest, other people's fanfictions. I was reading a really bad one in which Skyquake didn't actually die but it was never explained how that or anything else happened so I thought about it, and looked at a draft for a non fanfic story I was working on and then BAM! Dusk was born. It wasn't until like the seventh chapter that I thought of everything with the Shadow Zone. I'm the kind of writer that dives into a story headfirst and lets the ideas come to them instead of planning the ideas.