Chapter 14

Skyquake stood before me. His towering form, dwarfed by my true form. "Report." My tone was steady as I gazed down at my people, watching them as they went about their lives in peace. No semblance of the fear and panic that had plagued them oh so many human years ago. The Great Catalyst took so many of my kin. If I had not created the Shadow Zone none would have survived the attack. The Shadow Zone saved not just the Predacons. The Dragons and Drakes have found sanctum within the Shadow Zone. A place of refuge and protection for all who faced destruction at the hands of those who misunderstand my kin. The Shadow Zone, a world created out of darkness to save those lost in the light.

"StormBringer is worried. Unicron is stirring from his slumber." I am no fool. His words did not shock me. I was already made aware of Unicrons awakening. I having been the one who placed him in a deep slumber many centuries ago. A favor to Primus he repaid by allowing my kin a sanctum, a life, upon Cybertron. "StormBringer believes something is accelerating the process. The spell isn't holding." My eyes widened at his admission. StormBringer was never wrong.

"How long?"

"A human month, maybe. He believes the Dark Energon Megatron is bringing to Earth is strengthening Unicron." Very plausible. Much of Unicron's blood was shed and scattered across the galaxies during our confrontation. It allowed me to weaken him enough to force him into a slumber. However all spells have weaknesses, even ones a powerful as the one I utilized. His blood could be used to strengthen him, thus weakening the spell.

"Have CliffJumper increase patrols. We must be on guard, Unicron can not be reasoned with." Dark Energon... "Alert Primus."

"I will."

"Dismissed." I spoke watching him over my shoulder as he neared the cliffs edge. Fear plaguing my mind as I spoke. "Stay safe." Those two words showing exactly how worried I truly was. I can not allow Dark Energon to enter my realm. Allowing that would allow for Unicron to infiltrate my realm, my home.

I can't allow him to awaken. I'd sooner give my life than allow him to awaken...