chapter 2

"I'm not sure yet."
"Aspen, how do you not have a plan!" I yelled. I realized that he was just trying to help and I shouldn't have yelled."I'm sorry."
"It's alright Mer, I kind of deserved it."
"No, you didn't. I'm just so stressed out right now."
"That's alright. We all are. We will get through this." He took my hand and held it tight as if he never wanted to let go. I never wanted him to let go. This simple moment was like a slice of heaven. I looked him in the eyes and held his gaze. He wrapped his arms around my waist. I wrapped my arms around his neck. He leaned in and kissed me. The small kiss had changed into a making out. I didn't care if someone walked around the corner and saw us. Right now was about me and Aspen and nobody else. If Maxon walked out and saw this I would hope he would send me home so I could be with Aspen. Aspen stopped and smiled at me. I smiled back he pushed my hair behind ear. He leaned and whispered in my ear. "I'll see you tonight. I love you."
"I love you too."
Aspen and I had one last kiss. Before he turned and walked away. I stood there alone in the garden. Smiling to myself.
When I got back to my room it was two thirty. My maid lucy was there. "Where have you been?"
"I took a stroll for a while. Where are the others?"
"They took a small lunch break while I waited to see I'd you would come back."
"We'll here I am"
"We needed to tell you that Maxon is feeling much better now. He has established a dinner for all of the girls tonight."
"How exciting" I said sarcastically.
"I'm so glad to here you say that!"
I smiled at her. I can't believe she thinks I'm being serious.
"Oh, America I have the perfect dress for you"
"Really?"
"I've been working extremely hard. I knew that it would be important. Maybe you'll win Maxon with one twirl in this dress!"
I chuckled. "Sure, I'll give it a whirl."
"That's the spirt. I'll get the others I here as soon as possible so we can help you get ready."
"Thanks"
Lucy nodded and left the room. I began to wonder why I had put myself in the situation. If I had told Aspen no and stayed at home I would have never met Maxon, and that would have been fine by me.
I lay back on my bed, and stared at my ceiling for a while.
Knock knock
I stood up and walked over to the door.
"Maxon!"
"Sorry, I didn't mean to scare you. I was hoping you would be out and about today so I could talk to you."
"About what?"
"What if we went on a real date?"
"Like what?'
"Go out to the gardens and have food served to us, but it would just be me and you." He flashed me one of his big grins.
"Oh wow, that sounds nice."
"Just nice?"
"Sorry, I'm just so surprised. I don't know what to say."
"I'm glad your excited about it."
I gave him a slight smile. "How are you?"
"What do you mean?"
"We were told you felt under the weather."
"Ah, I just didn't feel like talking to anybody. So I said I was sick."
I rolled my eyes. Maxon looked at me with and unimpressed expression.
"Maxon, you really must go. I have to get ready for your big dinner.
"I suppose." Maxon stood up and said his goodbyes. When he opened the door I was kind of surprised to see Aspen standing there.
"Hello. I don't believe I've seen you."
"Prince maxon, I'm the gaurd for Miss America's room."
"Good keep her safe she's very special. Maxon turned and smiled back at me before he left. Aspen stepped into the room.
"What was that America!"
"Maxon, just came in here and asked me on a date."
"Did you tell him no?"
"No, but I didn't tell him yes either."
Aspen just stared at me. He was unhappy with my answer. I thought he new that I was serious when I said I didn't like Maxon.
"I really think.."
"Think what?" I stared at Aspen. I wanted him to just take my hand and lead me away.
"Never mind." Aspen walked over and sat down next to me on the bed. "Somethings shouldn't be said out loud. Or maybe just not right now."
He must have been able to tell I was thinking something else because he exclaimed," No, I wasn't thinking like that. Gosh, America." His faced turned bright red.
"Sorry, I just want an answer."
"And you'll get one. Just not right now."
"Fine I guess that'll be fine. I'll just wait. I'll always wait for you."
"You too."