chapter 7

Back to America's Pov

We stopped and looked around. I didn't recognize anything.

"We're lost." I heaved.

"Well, if we had a plan we'd know where to go, but I promise we'll get through this."

"Ya, because we're totally can." I stared at my feet. "Aspen?"

"What is it?"

"I think we made the wrong decision. If I had just stayed behind we would have been safe and I don't know. Things would just be normal I guess."

Aspen held my hands. I looked into his eyes. "We made the right decision. I promise it might not look like it now, but it will."

He brushed a strand of my hair out of my face. "Although this may be a little strange it's life now. No turning back, but that's okay because I'm with you."

I smiled and he pulled me close. He kissed me on the forehead. I wanted him to hold me forever.

"We better keep going" he said.

I sighed, "Yeah, I wanna be farther away than this."

We kept walking through the woods. Crys of wolves and other animals I didn't know. My feet were beginning to ache. I was tired but I had to keep going. I had to be free.

We'd been walking hor almost three hours now. We could hear a far away humming sound.

"Do you here that?" I asked. I stepped. Closer to Aspen.

"Yeah, it's probably just an animal. Just ignore it."

We walked close to eachother. I kept a close lookout for anything out of place. The humming was growing louder.

"Aspen, it must be maxon." I gapped on to his arm.

"We have to run. I agree it must be him."

We ran. I was tired and sore bit u ran faster than I thought I could. We began to slow down.

Aspen put his hand on my face. "Mer I want you to know that whatever happens. I love you."

I wrapped my arms around him. "I love you too." I kissed him and then we just stood there. Waiting for him to show up with his search party bit he didn't.

We began walking again till we found a clearing.

"Where do you think we are?" I asked.

"Some where south of the castle."

"Where should we go?"

"I don't know, no matter how far we run we might never out run them." He paused. "On foot."

"Do you plan on buying a car?"

"No I'm just saying there must be another way."

He pulled a big wad of cash out of his pocket.

"Where did you get that?"

"I work hard."

"So do I but I've never gotten that much money."

"Mer I've been working over time. Two three jobs. I was gonna ask you to marry me back at home, but I figured I needed more money first."

"Oh Aspen." I pulled him into an embrace. He kissed me and I kissed him back. I'd never know what I did to deserve this. This moment was everything. I knew this would be tough but we'd get through it.

"Halt!"

I stopped and whipped my head around.

Caught!

If you've been reading my other book, The queens contest, then you already know about this issue. I wrote the next two chapters and published them but it won't let me edit or even see them. I got on my friends account and she couldn't see them either. I'm not sure what to do, bit I'll try everything I can, comment if you've had this issue or if you have suggestions on how to fix it. Sorry for the inconvenience.