chapter 4

This Is Back To America's pov. Enjoy !

I laid back on the bed once Maxon left. I walked into the closet and picked out a sea foam green and blue cocktail dress that my maids had sewn. They came in the room and prepared me for tonight's dinner. We didn't say much. I wasn't in the mood to talk. I'd finally came to my senses. Maxon was a jerk. He probably only wanted a wife so he could be king. Fine, if that's how he wants it that's how it will be. I will not be the next queen.
The maids had finished and pushed me through the door. I began to head down the hall when I saw aspen. He was talking to maxon.
"Maxon" I chirped.
"America." He said with a smile.
"I'm sorry to have to tell you this but I'm not feeling that we'll so I'll be staying in my room tonight"
Maxon let out a small sigh," alright please do feel better."
I gave him a sly smile and walked away.
I could here maxon telling Aspen to go. I went back into my room. I needed a plan. Some way to escape. Some way to leave. I didn't want to be stuck here any more. I wanted to be with Aspen not Maxon.
I heard the door open. I turned to see who it was.
Aspen.
"We need to go." I said
"I know we will but wait."
I felt like I couldn't wait any longer I didn't want to feel like a prisoner anymore . I don't think Aspen or Maxon understand my free spirit.
"I wanna leave tonight." The words came out like word vomit.
"Tonight?" Aspen scratched his head. " I'm sorry Mer but I don't think that that is possible."
I sighed. I wanted to leave before I have this date with Maxon. I want to go and be free. I know I can leave whenever I want, but I don't want to go alone.
Aspen put his hand on my shoulder. "I know you want to leave. We will try. It just night not be tonight."
I Sighed. I couldn't stand all of this stress any more. I laid my head on his shoulder.
"I'm breaking down. I just want to go home. I wanna be with you."
"I know, I wanna be with you too. But Mer right now we need time to figure this out."
"I have to go."
"Okay" I said even though it wasnt. He gave me a quick kiss before leaving. All I could think about was home.